Dire Straits 45 RPM Vinyl MoFi Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Eric Weinraub, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident Thread Starter

From what I can tell, they are still listed as TBA in terms of release dates (excluding Brothers in Arms which is already released. Anyone got any news on these?

2. ferrari

ferrari Forum Resident

I went looking for that & came up with this.... go to Music Direct and type in Dire Straits. Along with the Mofi 45's, there are newly listed Warner releases with tomorrow's release date (3/22/19) These are not the box set releases, the hype on each of them has wording to this effect:
    And now, thanks to the meticulous efforts of Warner Bros., Dire Straits' 1982 LP can be experienced like never before. Remastered and cut from the original analog tapes and pressed on high-quality 180g vinyl, Love Over Goldwill bowl you over with its mesmerizing sound and engaging material. Knopfler's mesmerizing guitar textures and cool vocals appear as if they're right in front of you. Details, imaging, and presence are on a level associated with the finest audiophile recordings.
    As it's proven for the last few years, Warner Bros. treats vinyl with the ultimate respect, and this must-have Dire Straits record is no exception. Listeners with original copies of the LP, or Simply Vinyl's pressing, will be absolutely stunned upon hearing the improvements. And the rest of us can simply rejoice in knowing that the band's first-rate creations possess an airiness, openness, and palpability they've never claimed prior. A five-star pressing!

Anyone else see this? Appears Brothers in Arms & On Every Street is excluded, the BOA on that page is the Stan Ricker, On Every Street is the box set mastering. All the other titles have the hype blurb as above. Why is Music Direct the only place I see this?

3. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident Thread Starter

This is where my query started, with MusicDirect.

4. ferrari

ferrari Forum Resident

Sorry, didn't intend my post to direct you to that for an answer; I was curious as to how the Warner presses popped out of nowhere. I'm also interested in the MoFi's, but tend to put my anticipation on the back burner given their usual long lead times between announcement & release. Right now I have originals, Japanese, German, Simply Vinyl, the box set of the DS catalog. But there's always room for more Knopfler. I'll probably try one of the Warner listings to see if it lives up to the hype, was going to wait to see if Discogs confirmed the listing. Nice photo of the table - I also have an Aries 1 with a VanDenHul Frog & flywheel upgrade.

5. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Diverse Vinyl in UK are now advertising all 4 titles for November release.

6. That won't happen.

7. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

How do you know? They are also expecting Fragile One Step mid November.

8. I just know. The Dire Straits won't be available for a while. I'm not sure on Fragile yet.

9. George Cooke

George Cooke Well unknown member

In the UK, Scott Nangle are taking orders -
    SCOTT NANGLE AUDIO

I previously ordered the Joel 3 Vinyl GH set from them and have been very pleased.

10. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Guys on the MOFI Facebook page excited too...they can't understand that if MOFI, or MD doesn't announce it, it's not real, but just speculation to take in pre orders.

11. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

All four of the remaining Dire Straits SACD's are available now through Amazon. Release date is October 18, 2019.

12. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

The four MOFI Lp's will be available in November 2019.

13. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

My brick and mortar dealer seems to think they will released this year .....hope he is right!

14. MrEWhite

MrEWhite Forum Resident

Pre-ordered the SACDs on Amazon. Finally, this is all I’ve ever wanted from MOFI after their wonderful Brothers in Arms release.

15. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

16. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Finally, just got the notice from Elusive Disc.

Joti Cover likes this.
  17. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

TBA on the Music Direct site. Same with Acoustic Sounds.

sonofjim likes this.
  18. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Don’t get too excited just yet. This seems fishy. Why would Elusive Disc be announcing this before Music Direct or Mobile Fidelity? Wouldn’t those be the first to know?

I hope it’s true but something’s rotten in Denmark I feel.

19. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Feel free to get excited. Music Direct has them in their newsletter this week too, as posted in the Music Direct thread today.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    sonofjim likes this.
  20. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

OK. Somehow I’ve not received this announcement in any form from them even though I get an email from them about daily. Maybe they don’t want me to know about it because I preordered during a 25% off sale.

MisterBritt likes this.
  21. conjotter

conjotter Forum Resident

Very curious about how the first two albums will sound with the Mofi treatment.

I have excellent copies of the originals and the remasters.

Prefer the originals.

Maybe Mofi can squeeze more magic out of these great recordings.

If anyone gets an advanced copy, please share your thoughts.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  22. Late October they'll be released.

23. Dignan2000

Dignan2000 Forum Resident

Here’s today’s email from Music Direct with the “late October” update:

[​IMG]

24. JohnCarter17

JohnCarter17 Forum Resident

I just received a "shipped" email for my Dire Straits vinyl order from MFSL.

25. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I'd be very curious to hear any sound quality reviews of these. I of course own all of them on original vinyl and the Japan SACDs which sound absolutely amazing in both formats. I actually sold the MFSL Brothers In Arms as it was not my preferred version (and not my favorite album).

DavidD likes this.