Discogs Deals - New or Mint- items only please, USA dealers only

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by DapperGentleman, Mar 18, 2021.

1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Hey, they've had months to get this corrected. Maybe you stumbled upon the real deal!

samwisefan likes this.
  2. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

I hope so, but I doubt it. And I've heard from others that it's a pain in the ass to get your money back from Popmarket even if you do return the item. UGH. We'll see...

3. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo Senior Member

Since you posted, it's gone from $24 to $44.

4. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

Wait, they still have it listed at that price? Incredible, if so. That would seem to go beyond incompetence and into deliberate misrepresentation.

samwisefan likes this.
  5. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Popmarket + Discogs = poop.

samwisefan likes this.
  6. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Well-Known Member

It certainly is. My advice would be to wait no longer than 3 weeks to notify them that you haven't received a refund once you return it (spoiler: they won't refund you automatically, and you'll definitely have to harass them about it). They'll gladly keep your money and the product otherwise.

[It should be noted that this only goes for PopMarket on Discogs, not the PopMarket site, which I have much less experience with]

I've heard from a couple different sources that the department that creates the Discogs listings basically has no line of communication with the warehouse its sent from or the returns department. When you tell them an item was listed incorrectly, that information will go nowhere, and they'll inevitably re-list it when the warehouse tells them it's still in-stock. Similarly, when you return something, the employee overseeing their Discogs account is the only person who knows you're returning it.

Again, that's just what I've heard, but it wouldn't surprise me.

samwisefan likes this.
  7. briankettle

briankettle Forum Resident

Same here, I'm afraid.

8. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Any fans of The Fall here? Several recent reissue titles under $10 in new condition:

The Fall - Interim: LP For Sale | Discogs

The Fall - Live At The Knitting Factory LA - 14th November 2001: LP, RE For Sale | Discogs

The Fall - Live At The Phoenix Festival '95: LP, Gat For Sale | Discogs

The Fall - Live From The Vaults Glasgow 1981: LP, Album, RE For Sale | Discogs

The Fall - Live At The Phoenix Festival '95: LP, Gat For Sale | Discogs

=============

Eluvium - Pianoworks - beautiful music - 2LP version on Temporary Residence for $10.00:
    Eluvium - Pianoworks: 2xLP, Album For Sale | Discogs

Foxygen's Seeing Other People 2LP version on pink for $8 plus shipping:
    Foxygen - Seeing Other People: LP, Album, Pin + LP, Pin + Dlx, Ltd For Sale | Discogs

Floating Spectrum on Temporary Residence - ambient with industrial bursts for $8.00 plus shipping:
    "Floating Spectrum is the moniker for Taiwan-born, Berlin-based composer and audio technologist, Mei-Fang Liau. Her debut album as Floating Spectrum, A Point Between – crafted from a combination of synthesizers, everyday household objects, and unique software synthesizers made by Liau herself – is truly a sound and vision unlike any other."
    Floating Spectrum - A Point Between: LP, Album, Ltd, Cle For Sale | Discogs

Wolfhounds - Complete John Peel Sessions for $8.00:
    The Wolfhounds - Hands in the Till: The complete John Peel sessions: LP, Album, Ltd, Gat For Sale | Discogs

9. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

Well, PopMarket sent me the wrong item. Months to correct the error, but nope. Incompetence, indeed.

I emailed them yesterday, but have not received a response yet. To those who've dealt with this before...Are you able to track the item with the return shipping label they give you? I'm gonna be furious if I won't be able to have proof of delivery.

10. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

They are. They also Alliance Entertainment which is a distributor to the indie stores. Nothing gets my goat more than not being able to get something in stock at the store but popmarket has it for sale.

samwisefan likes this.