Discogs Wantlist Sort by Top

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by ThinWhiteDuke, Feb 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThinWhiteDuke

ThinWhiteDuke Forum Resident Thread Starter

All,

Is anyone aware of *any* way to sort / filter / identify the Top seller from your want list i.e. "Show me the seller who has the most items from my want list for sale where the format is x and the quality is > y"??

(The reason being to minimise shipping costs etc.).

During lock-down I spent quite a few days manually sorting and cleaning data in an Excel export of all sellers with items from my want list just so I could identify the sellers with the most items I wanted. My massive pivot tables are so big the s/s takes a few minutes to open and really grinds my laptop.

However I can't keep spending half a week in Excel every time I want to make a bulk Discogs purchase!

Hoping for a better way....

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  2. WesB

WesB Forum Resident

Go to Marketplace > Items I Want. Then on the left you will see the filters. The fourth filter, "Seller," lists the sellers with the most items in your wantlist in descending order. I recently discovered this feature too, it saved me so much time.

JasonA likes this.
  3. ThinWhiteDuke

p.s. To be clear my s/s allowed me to not only to produce sorted pivots of sellers by # of items sold that are on my want list *but* also by a given grading so I was easily able to identify the sellers with the most 'near mint' items from my want list as well as the sellers with the most 'VG+' items from my want list etc. (which is probably why I spent several days mucking around in Excel!).

4. ThinWhiteDuke

Thanks I already knew about this feature, I did a poor job with my original post - what's missing is the ability to select format and quality.

e.g. Show me the top sellers with the most items from my wantless where the format is 12" vinyl and the quality is VG+ or better etc.

5. ThinWhiteDuke

I'm beginning to suspect I might be better off to clear out my want list and start again - just trying to avoid it is all. My fault for initially adding all versions of a given album without consideration :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.