Discogs website Listings and Accuracy

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by AutomatedElectronics, Mar 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AutomatedElectronics

AutomatedElectronics Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thank you!
    My account was blocked, which is past CIP. I will read about CIP and see if there is anything I can do.

2. dman23

dman23 Well-Known Member

A very well outlined perspective.

3. Hi Dan, as it looks there is no reaction fro,m "Diognes_The_Fox" on my request.
    Have no more ideas what to do.
    Sorry
    W.

4. Mbe

Mbe Forum Resident

Is there a maintenance program in progress over at Discogs or is the problem my end,
    with these as a few examples of affected more popular titles.

All Versions of this Release
    https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-The-Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon/master/10362

[​IMG]

https://www.discogs.com/The-Beatles-Sgt-Peppers-Lonely-Hearts-Club-Band/master/23934

[​IMG]

Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue

[​IMG]

Titles with far fewer submissions don’t seem to have the issue (All Versions?)

5. Giorgio

Giorgio Forum Resident

If you check for your collection, there is a note at the top of the page that says "The Collection Beta has been turned off. Please see the message from Nik for more information and our future plans for the Collection at Discogs"
    I don't know if this could cause your issue somehow ...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Mbe likes this.
  6. Mbe

Mbe Forum Resident

Using the Master links above do you see more entries than in the screenshots?

7. Dayfold

Dayfold Forum Resident

Following your links I see all the versions, e.g. for Kind of Blue all 363 versions are listed. I don't see the credits with pictures that are in your screen shots though.

uzn007 and Mbe like this.
  8. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

Same with me.

Mbe likes this.
  9. Mbe

Mbe Forum Resident

Checking through Pink Floyd listings and the majority are fine,
    three are affected (so far) which are Piper, Dark Side and The Wall,
    the rest are fine still with full comprehensive listings.

10. Mbe

Mbe Forum Resident

OK, so the Master Release formatting works as expected with full listings when logged in,
    the situation only occurs with certain titles while not being logged in to site.

11. AutomatedElectronics

AutomatedElectronics Forum Resident Thread Starter

What I have found recently, when clicking on all versions, the next page does NOT show all version. The new feature is a button on the top-right of the displayed versions, "Find Your Version". When you click on that, it brings up the list of all versions to locate the version which you are looking for. Just one more complication to make the website harder to work.

Mbe likes this.
  12. Mbe

Mbe Forum Resident

Logged in = 355 viewable listings

[​IMG]

Logged out = Credits and only 10 visible listings

[​IMG]

Glad that's sorted then :)

uzn007 likes this.
  13. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I do wish people would check that they are listing in the correct place. I recently bought a copy of an album supposedly in an embossed sleeve, it wasn't. Contacted the seller asking for a refund, he apologised, took the return and gave me a refund. Back to the listings, this time I contacted three sellers asking if indeed they had their listing had the embossed sleeve I wanted, they didn't and promised to remove their wrongly listed items. A fourth query the seller assured me he had the right one, so I paid, a lot more than I usually would. A couple of days later he contacts me to tell me he was mistaken and the album didn't have the embossed sleeve, apologised and gave me a refund, at least he checked before shipping. I have now placed an order, and paid with another seller that told me he does have the embossed sleeve. Let's see what arrives, it should be here in a few days. I'm not holding out to much hope.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  14. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Just ask for a picture of the actual cover, then you'd know if it was embossed or not.

cartologist likes this.
  15. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I was offered pictures by the guy who refunded me before he realised he'd made a mistake. Three of the sellers found they didn't have the embossed/textured version. There is a picture on the more images section showing the embossed/textured finish that one would think sellers would check before they list. So, I'm hoping my sixth attempt (that I have already paid for) will be the proper one, that is of course the seller knows what he is talking about. Here's hoping I don't have to go through the return/refund process again. Thanks for your suggestion Vaughan.

16. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Wish you luck man. I sometimes wonder if these people think we're crazy for wanting a very specific release. :D

Deek57 likes this.
  17. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

They do, yes. Not listing correctly is pure laziness. There is one of what I'm after listed for (in bold upper case) £150 that is probably correct but I'm not paying that much. So far five out of fifteen for sale are listed wrongly, that's bad form in my book, and a waste of my time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.