Do any recordings exist at all of Jude with Robin Trower and Frankie Miller?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by shinedaddy, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident Thread Starter

So before Miller started his solo career he hooked up with Trower post-Procol. They played the London circuit and built a following but I have never ever seen a recording, either studio or live.

Do ANY exist?

here is a cool pic of them rehearsing

Attached Files:

MYQ1 likes this.
  2. shinedaddy

let me rephrase then...does any INTEREST exist at all?

3. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident

Sorry, I am just aware of Frankie's late solo career.

4. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

I wondered about this also. Frankie and Phil Lynott did some things together too.

MYQ1 likes this.
  5. Mike1055

Mike1055 Forum Resident

don't know about any recordings but "I Can't Wait Much Longer" from Trower's first album is credited to Miller/Trower. Is that James Dewar on bass in that photo ?

MYQ1 likes this.
  6. shinedaddy

They played the club circuit around London for many months, presumably with some originals. I am not sure but I have heard they never made it to the studio, which is a SHAME, but there must be a tape or something out there.

and yes, thats James Dewar on bass, plus the ex-Tull guy on drums, his name escapes me at the moment.

MYQ1 likes this.
  7. shinedaddy

I do have some January 73 BBC stuff Frankie did with Brinsley Schwarz but that's out there and they did other stuff too. BS are well-associated with Frankie on record and live but there has got to be something earlier than his first solo Lp from 1972, which was AFTER the Jude stuff

8. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

Clive Bunker (ex-Jethro Tull) was the drummer in Jude. Being a fan of Robin Trower, I knew of the band, but had always read that they played a handful of gigs at most, and did not record any material. It would have been interesting to hear the songs that they rehearsed with Frankie Miller on vocals.

Ed Hurdle
    HeavyDistortion

9. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

10. Boingo

Boingo Well-Known Member

Do you know what? All that is ever needed of Robin Trower is any LP version of "Wish Me Well." His guitar on this wakes me up at night. His vocal duet with Gary Brooker is majestic. That's all I need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.