Do you binge listen to just one artist at one sitting?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chemically altered, Jan 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chemically altered

Chemically altered Forum Resident Thread Starter

Do you binge listen to just one artist at a time? I find that I will listen to one artist's work for 3-4 hours straight with no deviation before I call it quits. How about you?

2. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Nope. I hardly ever do this. I usually play stuff from different artists.

3. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

Often.
    Sometimes one artist is my main go to for a few months/weeks, depending on their catalog.

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

all the time!

5. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

I'm doing it now...Stevie Ray Vaughan for the past two hours and not bored yet.

6. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

In the past year, I've spent many full days listening only to Brian Eno's "Reflection".

7. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

I do this all the time. I love to listen to the complete discographies of artists all in chronological order. I tend to be "all in" when it comes to artists I really love and I will enjoy their entire career. Listening to them grow, change and develop over their albums is fascinating for me.

8. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

All the time. Mostly with The Stones or Beach Boys.

Erik B., The MEZ, Adam9 and 3 others like this.
  9. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

As of late, yes.

The MEZ and Chemically altered like this.
  10. The Lone Cadaver

The Lone Cadaver Bass & Keys Cadaver

Me too. Last week it was Procol Harum. This week possibly The James Gang or John Wesley Harding - the artist, not the album.

11. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

It depends. I could listen to instrumental stuff like the Ventures or Joe Pass all day long. For some reason I can't do that if it has vocals.

hugh . g. and Chemically altered like this.
  12. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

I have with Elvis, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Frank Sinatra, Barbara Streisand, Hank Williams Sr, George Jones and Merle Haggard.

13. Me in a nutshell! :)

Floyd Crazy likes this.
  14. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

Grant Green Saturday this past weekend.

15. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

Sometimes I get in a jag, and listen to one artist or band for a long time, much to my family's irritation. Other times, when I have time for listening, I will randomly pull LPs off the shelf and play them.

Chemically altered likes this.
  16. bvb1123

bvb1123 Rock and Roll Martian

Occasionally. Especially if it's an artist that I own their whole discography and it's only a few albums. But sometimes I'll get in the mood and go through bigger bands too, mostly The Beatles, The Monkees, or The Kinks.

17. Another Steve

Another Steve Senior Member

My "binge" is probably in the car, on three-to-five hour round trips. I'll pick out a particular artist's CDs or maybe their box set, knowing I'll be finished about the time I get back home.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Four hours...give or take."

18. Paul b

Paul b Forum Resident

I do it occasionally and only with my vinyl collection. Also when no one else is in the house. :>)
    A few weeks ago, there were 2 days of just Procol Harum and offshoot records (Trower, Fisher, Brooker) records.
    Some weeks before that it was The Kinks along with some Ray and Dave solo LPs.

19. crazy eights

crazy eights Truckstop Lovechild

i'll sometimes pull out an album of a band i haven't listened to in a while and say to myself "holy crap i forgot how good they are/were" this is happening with X right now - i'm on a two day binge, billy zoom is incredible and the band on a whole is amazing (but you already knew that :angel:) , great tunes

totally rocking out, too durned cold to bother going outside today

20. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Me too.

21. royzak2000

royzak2000 Senior Member

yes, but.

22. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

I'll generally always at least play an entire album side - as I don't like to mess with the needle in the groove - and typically this will make me think of what I want to listen to next.

23. Folknik

Folknik Forum Resident

Frequently. I've had very enjoyable marathons of the Beatles, the Beach Boys, Rascals, Tom T. Hall, Carly Simon, Richard Harris, Olivia Newton-John, Joe South, Bob Dylan, Porter Wagoner, and more.

Chemically altered likes this.
  24. Floyd Crazy

Floyd Crazy Senior Member

I can get like this,
    Just lately I have been playing
    Frank Sinatra and David Sylvian a lot
    And today Marcus Miller all afternoon.
    But some days I mix it up all depends on mood and what I find at stores or web.

25. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

Yes! In fact, this is my preferred listening paradigm; which is why I love box sets - especially sprawling Classical collections like the recent Szell set. Where deep catalogues aren't available (like the Pistols & Clash), I'll often pull 8-10 genre-specific albums for the day's fare.

PointsNorth, Erik B., Adam9 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.