Do you guys come here first before going to eBay and Amazon?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by 80steen, Mar 27, 2021.

1. 80steen

80steen John McClane Thread Starter

Just curious

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

No. Absolutely not. The chances of finding something I just decided I'm looking for in the classifieds here are very small.

I would consider the classifieds more useful for browsing for something you didn't know you wanted.

zongo likes this.
  3. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Usually yea :)

4. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

For research, yes. Anything to buy is going to be pretty random.

5. darbelob

darbelob Forum Resident

I check the classifieds cd and high res sections several times a day and have purchased several discs there. So, when I am looking for something, I already have a good idea whether it will be there. When I am looking for something I know will not be there, I start with eBay and, lately, Discogs, where I have had the best luck finding something specific. Thanks to the music corner, I often am looking for something specific down to the UPC or year. Often, the sellers on eBay do not provide any or accurate information about a disc. Amazon often does not give enough information. So far, no problems getting exactly what I want with Discogs, but you do have to pay a little more, certainly more than the prices in the classifieds.

ScramMan2 likes this.
  6. Brian Lux

Brian Lux One in the Crowd

I've pretty much given up here. I don't because there are so many people who check the listings here, anything I might me interested in is already snatched up. It's like those library sales where it's the fast and the hungry. I have looked at listings here a good number of times but have yet to make a single purchase.

7. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

I come here to find something I MIGHT need. And when I find something I WANT someone has usually beaten me to it.

JorgeGvb likes this.