Do you have a working Nintendo NES game system

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by white wolf, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Has anyone tried the Virtual Console for Nintendo DS? Lots of classic games on it!

heepsterandrey and Stormrider77 like this.
  2. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

The virtual console is only on the 3DS. It is very cool having a portable version of all the classic NES games.

3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I've got a working NES. I've been working through Ultima III on it, and occasionaly play RBI Baseball.

4. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Has anyone seen my Power Glove? :)

James is right- it really is a piece of garbage.

Vahan likes this.
  5. Anthology123

Anthology123 Senior Member

I also have a working SNES, but never owned an NES.

6. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Yes, we have it and many games. Still works.
    My favorite game: Gyrus. Loved it at the arcade, love it on the Nintendo. My wife was/is always better at it than I was.
    3 Warps to Neptune!

[​IMG]

7. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

We had a big flood several years back my Nintendo and Atari 2600 were down in the basement.
    I haven`t played much video games since I was young.I never even owned an X Box.
    It`s fun to play at some of my friends` every now and then.
    I liked Ninja Gaiden,Double Dragon and Super Mario Bros.

8. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

I've got an original front-loader (though I need to replace the 72-pin connector) and a clone system known as the Yobo FC. Since neither one is good enough for regular use, I'll usually emulate the games that I own through the Wii's homebrew channel. With that said, here's my NES collection:

Baseball
    Batman
    Batman Returns
    Battletoads
    Castlevania
    Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
    Contra
    Dr. Mario
    Friday the 13th
    Galaga
    Golf
    Hogan's Alley
    Kung-Fu
    Lunar Pool
    Pac-Man
    Slalom
    Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
    Super Mario Bros. 2
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Tetris
    Top Gun
    The Legend of Zelda
    Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

I've also got a few other NES games that I purchased on the Wii and 3DS Virtual Console, such as Mega Man 6 and Super Contra.

9. The Hud

I bet the Nintendo still would have worked if it was dried out before you turned it on. I remember in an issue of Nintendo Power magazine, one kid had a Nintendo that was in a house fire. It looked horrible, but sure enough, it still worked!

steveharris likes this.
  10. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

I still have my Turbo Grafix-16 somewhere!

DreadPikathulhu likes this.
  11. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I forget if I threw it all out or gave at least a couple games away to a neighbor.

12. bcaulf

bcaulf Forum Resident

Now THOSE can be pretty hard to acquire these days. Hold onto that for sure, unless you need some big bucks. They sell for quite a bit IIRC, and a lot of the good games get pricy as well.

erniebert likes this.
  13. heepsterandrey

heepsterandrey Forum Resident

Yeah I bought one at a swap meet in Mexico. Quickly replaced the pin connector, and it's been working flawlessly. Here's some of my stuff. My favorites are Mike Tyson's Punch Out, the three Super Mario Bros, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Adventure Island.
    [​IMG]

Stormrider77, The Hud and mj_patrick like this.
  14. latedep31

latedep31 Forum Resident

Mine works great, although I haven't played it for a while.

88 games, 54 of which are complete in the box (with a couple of them worth a lot more than what I payed for them.)

15. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was so frustrating!

"They're turtles for (Splinter's) sake! They can't even swim?!"

16. Thwacko

Thwacko Forum Resident

SMB 2 is my favorite game ever, and I've always wanted to play Doki Doki Panic.

I've never seen one of those top loaders in my life. I had no idea those existed.

17. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

I've been working on getting my rec room going, and thinking about what I'll do with my games, including the NES ones here. My control deck has yellowed a bit as you can see, but it still works great.

[​IMG]

18. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

Now that's a nice collection! Boxes and everything! I wish that I had been a little smarter about keeping boxes and manuals. There's a big demand on retro games right now, although it's a bit out of control. People are trying to charge hundreds for games that really you can pick up for 20-30 bucks.

19. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

The NES is hands down my favorite gaming system of all time. As others have already said, today's systems may have better graphics, and more bells and whistles, but nothing can match the fun of those NES games.

You know what I miss, I miss the days when you would get a game at Toys 'R Us. You'd decide what game you want, and you'd get a ticket voucher for it. Then you'd take it up front to a little room that had a window on it; there, an employee would take your ticket and then go back and find the game you wanted. I remember looking back into that little room, and it was stacked floor to ceiling full of games and systems. It was pure excitement standing there waiting for them to find your game.

In the mid to late 90's, I remember going into Toys 'R Us and they were trying to get rid of whatever NES stuff that they had left, for cheap. I got a couple of games for 10 bucks each, and the NES Advantage Controller, brand new in the box for 15 bucks. I still have it, never used it once. It's like an ancient treasure!

heepsterandrey likes this.
  20. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I've got the boxes and manuals for about 70% of my NES games.... basically for all the ones I got brand new when I was a kid. The other 30% are just the cartridges only, because I picked them up at a pawn shop many years later, for a couple bucks each. ;)

Grunge Master likes this.
  21. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

22. latedep31

latedep31 Forum Resident

I wish I had kept the boxes to my Super Nintendo games had I known that they would be worth so much (not that I would sell them anyway.)

23. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Tetris is a great game, but it will also draw you in and then you forget to do whatever else you were supposed to be doing that day. :)

uofmtiger likes this.
  24. The Hud

The top loader came out after the Super Nintendo came out, and they weren't around for long. They are fairly rare.

25. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Ah yes, the tickets!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.