Do you make music? Share it here!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jonmayo15, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Babysquid

Babysquid Forum Resident

2. Wounded Land

Wounded Land Forum Resident

A track from my old band Buckdancer's Choice. Obviously Grateful Dead-influenced, but not really that jammy. We developed into a fairly eclectic group by the end, with (I think) some decently constructed tunes. Here's an example:

onm3rcur7 likes this.
  3. onionmaster

onionmaster Tropical new waver from the future

Addicted [Single], by Sphat-90 x Frankreich

A new synthpop single from me and a friend. It deals with the way people spend money on luxury items in the hope they'll make them happy (though they don't for long), and in some cases even want to borrow money off others for the essentials they should have saved for. Having watched a fair few documentaries on alcoholism, the parallels are alarming.

4. Bubblegum

Bubblegum Forum Resident

Babysquid likes this.
  5. Bubblegum

Bubblegum Forum Resident

Apparently, the album is also streaming on Spotify, Apple Music, et al if that’s s your thing.

6. Babysquid

Babysquid Forum Resident

Wouldn’t sound out of place on the radio

7. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

I listen to everything posted, but am loathe to critique because I have zero musical talent despite a voracious appetite for listening. So it's an implicit compliment - I assure you - when I step up to say this track evidences a superb instrumental component with entirely dispensable vocals. I'd love to hear more.

8. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

It's been a while, but this was our "official" video for this track, shot at Jam*Spot in Somerville, MA in 2008. It has a total of 13 likes in ten years, so we must have been doing something right :nyah:. Some of us played it straight, but I played it as an obvious lip-synch so half of what I'm doing on bass is meaningless and the other half may or may not be fairly accurate:

bzfgt and Wounded Land like this.
  9. Wounded Land

Well, thank you very much for taking the time to listen. I really appreciate it. Here's another track from the record, with a Soundcloud link underneath for the entire album.

Buckdancer's Choice Rolling in the Rushes

irender likes this.
  10. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Country Alert!:
    Me and my song off a custom record thing....

11. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

12. onionmaster

onionmaster Tropical new waver from the future

13. onm3rcur7

onm3rcur7 Forum Resident

I flipping love this man!

14. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Written when I was 17, in 1985, this recording from the rooftop of a local building in 1990.
    The band went through several names, But here we are simply “Ourselves” (Aka Spool Of Wire).
    Grey Lunch :

15. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

A slideshow video with a studio recording supposedly made by an unknown fan, but probably done by a band members girlfriend........
    It's old, I think 2003......I'm on the flying V........
    I record at home now alone, but I don't wanna up any more lossy sh!t......

It represents the time, the proper cd does sound a lot better (3 song demo), but I have issues with it and think it could be done much better knowing what I know now. Even so the band took on a personality of its own, I think we all tried to dominate the proceedings. At a certain time we kind of fit in and I didn't really totally like that. For most of the bands life we were a one guitar attack (me) which reflected my musical desires much more, but also presented it's limitations... That said, I always liked the sound of the stripped back band except when my lazy azz made mistakes..

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Wounded Land likes this.
  16. Wounded Land

Thank you for listening!

17. Wounded Land

Nice! Strong vocals...

BDC likes this.
  18. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

Well thanks, praise on the Hoffman forum means more to me than from the many drunks I've played for. I don't communicate with the ex band members too much these days, being that life is over and I've moved on. The singer lives 3 blocks from me, and I'll pass that on next time I bump into him.. He has health issues...probably misses the scene.....

Wounded Land likes this.
  19. hammondjake

hammondjake Forum Resident

Our funk improv outfit from a few years ago - we were called 'The Landing' because we rehearsed and recorded on the upstairs landing in my house. I'll try and dig out the song this became once the three-part vocals and harmonies were overdubbed. I'm playing Clavinet off-camera, along with my brother and a friend on lead and rhythm guitars.

20. hammondjake

hammondjake Forum Resident

A more recent project, 'The Hustle', a blues band led by singer/guitarist Mike Atherton. Myself on organ and the camera 'sadly' cuts off just before Mike's solo!

A version of B.B. King's 'Worried Dream':

21. soniclovenoize

soniclovenoize Forum Resident

Here's a song that I recorded and also played bass on. I am even a little animated angel in the video! It was recorded live, all in one room, precisely at 7:17pm on 7/17/17 (Yes seriously).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  22. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

23. PioneersOverC

PioneersOverC Forum Resident

Hi all- My band, Hollow Engine, recorded our first EP and released it in July.

I'd describe us as a moody psych-rock band with some jazz leanings, but listen for yourself if you feel so inclined!

We recorded and mixed the entire thing ourselves in our studio in Bushwick, Brooklyn and I'm pretty proud of it. We're actively gigging in the NYC area, so if you like what you hear, follow us on Facebook and come see us live. Thanks in advance for listening-- and please feel free to pass it along to a friend if you dig it!

Spotify: Hollow Engine

Soundcloud: Hollow Engine EP

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HollowEngine/

24. ajsmith

ajsmith Senior Member

25. azmarkus

azmarkus Forum Resident

The group I'm in just finished up a new, original single; pop-rock in the vein of the Gin Blossoms/REM/Tom Petty if you enjoy that kind of music. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts/opinion (good or bad!).

Gloria