Do you prefer TV shows or movies?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pizza, Oct 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

for me it's DVD/BD! thousands...it's sickening! ; )

2. Michael

what does suck is when the TV shows get cancelled! or just not finished...I can name dozens that I loved and were cancelled...

3. Michael

on the flip my wife and I agree we'd like the movie to be longer when we are enjoying it so much!

4. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

I don’t know that my opinion is either/or. But I did answer TV because of the vast number of TV movie/series being produced at the present time for AMC, FX, Prime, Hulu, Netflix, etc. Then there are the shows produced by HBO, etc. My answer was more focused on current production preference. Do we love a great movie, though? Absolutely.

5. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I find most of these "New Golden Age" television series I watch based on recommendations to be nothing more than a mediocre movie padded out to eight or ten hours. I have seen nothing that deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as THE WIRE or THE SOPRANOS.

Similarly, the very few podcasts I've listened to are the equivalent of a magazine article padded out to multiple hours by shoehorning in everything the author researched about the subject. Get to the point!

6. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

That's a good way to put it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.