Do you use a sub-woofer ? Is it best to use 1 or 2 ?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Soundlabs, Feb 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soundlabs

Soundlabs Reference Townshend Audio Dealer. Thread Starter

HI Sorry your not the first person to ever say that to me, my late father was a milkman he used to wake me up 3am every day, i missed years of school and i have never caught up, I will bare this in mind when writing.

Fishoutofwater likes this.
  2. Soundlabs

lol i am still laughing thank you.

3. ARCCJ

ARCCJ Forum Resident

Forget one or two, go with *four* subs! Look up DEBRA (aka distributed bass array) it makes total sense and will even out response in the room. I would do this if i had room for it.

4. Soundlabs

I got 1 Rel Stentor and 1 Rel Stadium and still looking, when i reach 4 i will let you know, but its definitely more the merrier from my own experiences, I love good quality deep bass, i believe every system needs good underpinning and that is what great Subs bring YMMV.

5. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

High level inputs or a y adapter.

6. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

So you went from two to one or do you mean you wouldn't know how to add another?

7. Stebroc

Stebroc Forum Resident

Hi thanks for your testimony. Reading many threads i don't understand if the 20/40 range is exclusively for the people that have a big, right ( or treated) room. Many audiophiles have medium, small spaces, and they cannot (or don’t want) treat the room.

Anyway, a thing would be some traps bass, another would be to spend a lot of money for a complete treatment.

A greeting
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.