Does Anybody Else Find Ringo Comforting?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Khaki F, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

From reading this thread, maybe 'Non-Threatening' is a better word. He was very cuddly in 'Help!' though...

theMess, YouKnowEyeKnow and Mike Bass like this.
  2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

[​IMG]

3. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

That's a relief, I was beginning to think its just me. Strange and getting stranger....

4. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

On these Beatles threads it seems almost anything is possible :)
    Just out of curiosity, it has just occurred to me that given the level of Beatles fandom on here, are there loads of Beatles forums on the internet?

5. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

Ringo's March appearance on CONAN was repeated last night. Great to see Ringo so laid back, relaxed, and healthy. Very comforting to watch him. :)

Khaki F likes this.
  6. Moshe

Moshe "Silent in four languages."

Sometimes. Yes.

Khaki F likes this.
  7. YouKnowEyeKnow

YouKnowEyeKnow Forum Resident

Obviously familiar, but never comforting.

8. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

9. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

These Beatles fanboy threads are getting more bizarre, is there some secret competition as to who can come up with the most ridiculous thread??

Andrew J, goodiesguy, zebop and 3 others like this.
  10. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

Any and all threads - regardless of content - pertaining in any way to The Beatles -- will always be there and worthy of discussion and contemplation ... for The Beatles themselves are The #1 Musical Phenomenon Of All Time. :cool:

Khaki F and Emilio like this.
  11. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

Hard to argue with zealots.

Andrew J and Clarkophile like this.
  12. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

13. ManFromCouv

ManFromCouv Employee #3541

I agree, those guys are fascinating to listen to. They act like down-to-earth real people.

14. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

I think I've only ever felt that about FZ, outside of music.

15. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

I'm sensing a big potential market in life-size Ringo pillows for all-night spooning.

16. Seederman

Seederman Forum Resident

No offense, but I am genuinely curious and have a few real questions... Do Beatles fans ever get tired of making this assertion? What does a Beatles fan get from it? It is not like the posters are asserting themselves to be the #1 of all time, so what do they get out of pointing at others and saying other people are the #1's? It seems almost embarrassing on some level to have to constantly assert this. I never see Duke Ellington fans or Elvis fans or even Taylor Swift fans make such assertions, despite the justifications available for each.

Also, why do Beatles fans get so emotional and irrational whenever the veracity of this claim is challenged? If it were possible to conclusively prove the statement is not true (and it probably isn't, although it isn't quantifiable), what would the typical Beatles fan do? Ignore the proof? Harm the person offering the proof? Resort to the bottle?

There are days when I want to start a thread, "Wouldn't it be dreamy to spend a day watching Star Trek with Anton Newcombe?" or "Are you charmed by the mellifluous cadences of Ed Sanders when he speaks?" but some little filter in my brain makes me self-conscious about it, and a little devil on my shoulder asks me "Are you nuts? And my threads remain un-threaded...

This isn't a troll post. I really wonder about this. Any Beatles fans care to share?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    zebop likes this.
  17. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

Ironically, if somebody showed this conversation to Ringo, I suspect he would find it very discomforting.

Mike Bass likes this.
  18. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

Hi Seederman. Thanks for the questions, but all I can answer is -- this is not my assertion.

19. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Really, then how come the thread asking about the Beatles favourite colours was deleted?

20. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Imagine one day if Paul or Ringo decided to Google themselves and found themselves reading some of these threads....

Mike Bass likes this.
  21. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

:hide:
    The scary thing is I think you are serious.:hide:

Comet01 and Music Geek like this.
  22. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

It was? Interesting. I recall John Lennon once revealing that his favorite color was green, but I don't remember ever hearing the other three's favorites. Oh well.

23. Freedom Rider

Freedom Rider Senior Member

How about Beethoven fans? Or Stravinsky aficionados? Or Mozart devotees? :)
    Seriously, I don't see classical music fans going around the forum hammering it home to everybody that Mozart or Beethoven or Bach or any classical music composer easily wipes the floor with The Beatles and the rest of pop/rock music taken together - even though it's undoubtedly true. Maybe it's because they are actually comfortable and secure in their knowledge and don't feel the need to prove it to anyone or wear it like a badge of honor.
    The #1 Musical Phenomenon Of All Time? You gotta be kidding me! Now, if you said, The #1 Pop Music Phenomenon of the 20th century, I would at least be able to understand, but all time, seriously?

Comet01 likes this.
  24. Emilio

Emilio Senior Member

No.

On a serious note, these are fans as in football fans or baseball fans. They root for that one idol "against" all others. They campaign for them in polls ("here's a poll to choose the best group of all time, let's vote for the Beatles!"). They complain when their idols are not mentioned at all in Top 100 lists. Sometimes they wonder whether the media has anything against their idols, as they are not featured often enough (in these fans' opinion). And these are not only "Beatles" fans. I've lost count of how many times I've heard that Kiss is the greatest band in the world. Or Bee Gees fans actually believing they will be able to convince everyone that the Gibbs are actually better than the Beatles. I don't consider myself that kind of fan and I'm not saying the original poster is. But these fans do exist. They see their idols as in a competition against all others.

I actually like the idea of this thread. Ringo is the man!

25. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

Yes these people exist. Should the forum bow to them and accept that they are part and parcel of a music forum? I don't think so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.