Does anybody here use Powerwing Power Conditioner

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by prem, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prem

prem Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi

Does anybody here use the Powerwing conditioner? Would deeply appreciate feedback. I presently use the Hydra 8 and i would be particularly interested to know how the Powerwing compares to the Hydra 8? Also would like to know if the power amps can go through the Powerwing without current limitations?

2. cwon

cwon Active Member

3. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I have heard good things and I trust Steve's judgment but $2K seems like a lot for such a device. At that price it seems it might be wise to consider a PS Audio product.

4. prem

prem Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi Lee

Somehow i have never found the PS Audio power products to my liking. I find them a little too sterile. I auditioned the Power plant before finalising the Hydra 8 which IMO is much more organic. I use the JC 1 monoblocs which demand a lot of power. The reason i was looking at the Powerwing is from the reviews it appears to be a better version of Hydra 8 and also capable of handling power amps. Incidentally they have stopped manufacturing the $2000 version. The only available version is the XP version with Oyaide receptacles and it costs $2650.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.