Does anybody remember Tin Tin?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GMav, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMav

GMav Senior Member Thread Starter

Remember Tin Tin? Maurice Gibb produced their first (and in my opinion) best album. You all know....the "Toast and Marmalade For Tea" guys?

Anyway, does anybody know if someone is ever going to release their 2 albums on CD? They could even fit both on 1 "two-fer CD.

Anybody have any info?

Greg

2. Dawson

Dawson New Member

One of those great lost one-hit wonders, what a beautiful song Toast & Marmalade For Tea was. Had the album that cut was on at one time but for some reason never got beyond that tune. But they do deserve better than being lost to time.

Best!

3. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

I recall them when the single came out. Not being a BeeGees fan, my recollection is that I dismissed them as being a BeeGees clone. Why buy a copy when you can get an original?

4. nowhere-man-in-e

nowhere-man-in-e Senior Member

Yes! A Tin Tin two-fer is long overdue. I have always liked Toast And Marmalade For Tea, as well as the follow-up, Is That The Way. Tin Tin was the opening act when I saw the Bee Gees in Nashville around 1971.

5. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

Another vote here for a Tin Tin reissue!!

6. Didn't Tin Tin and Barry Gibb release a single that appeared on Beatles "grey market" LPs for years called "Have You Heard The Word?" or something?

7. BZync

BZync Senior Member

Have You Heard The Word was credited to The Fut. It's actually a really cool song. Don't who if there was any Bee Gee or Tin Tin involvement. Or Beatle involvement for that matter. But it sure sonds like Paul's bass playing. The vocals sound like someone doing a pretty fair imitation of John.

-BZync

8. nowhere-man-in-e

nowhere-man-in-e Senior Member

From Joseph Brennan's excellent Gibb Songs site:

"Have you heard the word" was recorded at a Tin Tin session with Maurice doing his John Lennon impression, and it was issued as a single on the Beacon label, not entirely legally since the artists were all signed to Polydor. It appeared as early as 1970 on Beatles bootlegs as a Beatles-related song. It was copyright in the US in May 1974 for Kipner and Groves, but also then in September 1985 by Lenono Music for John Lennon! It was evidently included in Lennon's collection of Beatles bootlegs and someone going through his things thought the voice was Lennon. But he had denied it in his lifetime. BMI currently lists it as by Kipner, Groves and Billy Lawrie, and it Billy vaguely recalls attending the session.

9. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

When I first heard "Toast," I thought the Gibbs were pulling a Wonder Who? thing ala the 4 Seasons and fobbing themselves off as someone else...and it might as well have been, since the hit is a ringer for 'em, all the way...

Would be nice to see their output on CD, but nothing as yet that I've heard about...

:ed:

10. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

Check out Exit Stage Right by Ronnie Burns from the Nuggets II box. Maurice Gibb plays bass exactly in the McCartney style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.