Does anyone have a Loricraft...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by rpd, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpd

rpd Senior Member Thread Starter

Record cleaning machine???

2. Jose Garcia

Jose Garcia New Member

Nope..but I have a friend who does and it is amazing the way this machine works and get LP's clean.

Jose.

3. Danny Kaey

Danny Kaey New Member

4. vinyl anachronist

vinyl anachronist Senior Member

5. Danny Kaey

Danny Kaey New Member

Thank you!

It truly is a remarkable machine, sometimes words simply arent enough to convey the message of how great a job this machine does... the very, very low noise floor and the cotton thread running across the suction tip are the two reasons I would purchase this machine over any other, any day of the week.

Have you ever "heard" one?

I should have recorded the sound level and post another sound file from a VPI or Nitty Gritty for comparisons...

D.

6. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Danny, Good review, would you say it is worth it to step up from a VPI 17 or 16.5 to the Lori?

7. Danny Kaey

Danny Kaey New Member

Thank you!

Well that's always the tough question - whats good for me doesnt necessarily have to be good for everyone else... Personally, the superior cleaning system (watch the cotton thread clean away the grit from the suction tip!) AND unbelievably low noise floor easily makes this the best machine on the market. It's very easy to use (not that others arent!) and offers solutions to problems none other does.

I'd sell the VPI and get the Loricraft - no doubt!

:edthumbs:

8. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

Looks GREAT, but think of how much music on Lp you can buy for that $$1,800$$...THOUSANDS of records.

9. Tony Plachy

Mikey, To get thousands of LP's for $1800 you would have to be in the yard sale range of $0.50 per LP. We all know what LP's in that category are like 90% of the time. They are so filthy you cannot play them without cleaning them. I am convinced that record cleaning is the most over looked aspect to realizing the superior performance that vinyl offers. I do not think that if someone has over 1000 LP's and has gone through the money and effort to set up a system that maximizes vinyl playback that $500 (VPI 16.5), $900 (VPI 17F) or $1800 (Loricraft) is too much to spend on record cleaning.

10. vinyl anachronist

vinyl anachronist Senior Member

I'll recount my recent adventures with record cleaning machines here:

http://www.furious.com/perfect/vinyl44.html

11. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

buying discs

12. Tony Plachy

Mikey, Where do find these sales, in NYC or where. I want in on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.