Does anyone remember the JBL "Paragon"?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Ronflugelguy, Feb 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek Thread Starter

A one piece speaker system with horns which was built in the Mid to Late seventies and went for about $2700 new.It was like apiece fo funiture!!! I heard Laurindo Almeda Direct to disc 45rpm on them, at that time made a big impression on me!

2. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

That's one massive speaker - at least it only takes one, not two like a pair of K-horns or Voice o' the Theater!!! Click on this www.vacuumtube.com then go to Cool tube and vintage audio links, then finally scroll down and click on Vintage loudspeakers (Altec, Jensen, Tannoy and more) - And more includes some elusive speakers - no Paragon, alas, but a smaller version called the Metregon bears an amazing resemblance. Oh yeah, tube stuff and Mercury Living Presence info is also lurking about - what are you waiting for???

3. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

This site http://www.audioheritage.org is dedicated to James B Lansing and has all the information one needs on the history of the JBL products, plus data on Altec and Lansing Manufacturing. It's a fascinating read and has great pictures. One of the best sites I've seen and a tribute to the Web designers.

Regards,
    Metralla

4. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek Thread Starter

Thanks Guys, Ron.:D :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.