Does anyone still buy and collect DVDs?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by php111, Sep 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Just the other day combined my blu rays and DVDs together, makes searching easier. Now I have to make my BD shelve into a dvd shelve. Made a bit of space to add more DVDs (bd).

2. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I got The Lords Of Discipline on DVD last week. At this point it doesn't look like it will ever come out on BD.

3. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

My additions today: For The Love Of The Game / How Green Was My Valley / Mulholland Drive / Mystic River / Supergirl-Season 5
    [​IMG]

4. Maybe it will come out of Paramount’s on Demand titles. They’ve been release a couple that I didn’t expect like Two Jakes.

5. visolo

visolo Well-Known Member

Collect, no. Buy yes, but only if it's for my kids, because it was not available on Blu-Ray, or it was too expensive.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  6. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Senior Member

Absolutely. I still think it's a viable medium.

Plus, there are still a plethora of titles on my want list that simply never made it past the DVD format; recently purchased:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Shoes1916 likes this.
  7. Kaskade10729

And...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Shoes1916 likes this.
  8. I've just bought a number of concert videos on DVD which are not on Bluray, so yes, against my wishes now, I'm still buying DVD.

I've been buying for almost 21 years.

9. alexpop

DVD used ?
    Usually put them in a new black case.

10. The Slug Man

The Slug Man Forum Resident

I'm probably heading out to my local record store today to see if they have the newly released Criterion Collection of The Elephant Man. Sure I could buy it on amazon but I'd rather support my struggling local business.

Shoes1916 and SandAndGlass like this.
  11. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Fortunately, most children have not yet become accustomed to the finer points of Blu-ray...

12. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

It's funny how everyone inserts "The" in For Love Of The Game. It does scan better with The in the title.

13. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

It's out on UHD-BD in the U.K. I got a copy but have not watched it yet. There's no Wee-jun Code on UHD-BD's.

14. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I found "Schindler's List", "Civil War-America Divided" (a ten part documentary), and a four movie set of Elvis Presley movies at the thrifts...

Also, at Big Lots, I found "The Andy Griffith Show" season 8, "The Brady Bunch" season 1, and a ten film set of W.C. Fields comedies.
    I'm not really familiar with W.C. Fields' movies, but this pack was marked down to only a $1.25, so for that price I figured I'd give him a shot.

15. Kaskade10729

We also do a TON -- and I mean a TON -- of DVD renting from our local Redbox kiosk; most of the new films that come out to rent on physical media, in our area anyway, are only available on DVD. It's very rare that we snag a Blu-ray copy (and Redbox has not yet offered UHD rentals in our geographic area, which sucks even more). :rolleyes:

16. lc317

lc317 Forum Resident

Last DVD purchased was the Band of Brothers series at my local Costco in 2014 for around $30.

17. Kaskade10729

I have Mystic River on DVD, too, as one of Warner's infamous snapper case packages...

18. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

just got WKRP the complete series

19. Kaskade10729

I'm old enough to actually remember that show (WKRP)...as well as Loni Anderson's boobs.

20. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident

I watched it growing up on TNN, looking forward to it

21. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

I only remember one of them!

22. Kaskade10729

I don't know how that's possible...

[​IMG]

23. alexpop

Bought about a dozen titles recently.

Still have 40 to get on my want list.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  24. alexpop

Watched the show in the mid eighties, guess it was old then .. the tv series that is.

Kaskade10729 likes this.
  25. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

Dollar Tree put out their occasional DVD finds a day early. The Meddler,2015,with Susan Sarandon. Clint Eastwood's 15:17 Paris. TV version,Get Shorty,with Ray Romano.season 1. BAADASSSSS!-Mario Van Peebles' bio about his trailblazing Dad,Melvin( Mill Creek). Page One:Inside the NY Times documentary. Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem. Bu Monday the good stuff was picked clean,usually by flippers.If you live in an area with a cluster of Dollar Trees,one is likely the base for the district manager and that store seems to be well stocked. The one in our area usually has an entire end cap of this stuff(Yeah,lots of repeats).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.