Does this horror movie sound familiar to anyone?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by voicebug, Jul 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voicebug

voicebug Senior Member Thread Starter

Some years ago in the early 70's, I went to the drive-in with my parents and remember a really frightening scene in a horror movie, but I have absolutely no recollection of the movie's title.

It may have been a Hammer film and it was screened probably between 1973-1975. Of course since I was only 4 or 5 at the time, I fell asleep in the car and missed 95% of the movie.

This is all I can piece together by memory:

It had something to do with a family living in a mansion that was haunted by the father or grandfather of the household. Maybe the family was after his money and he was making horrible things happen from beyond the grave. I remember close-ups of a painting of the old man (father or grandfather) on the wall that the camera would focus on when bad things were happening.
    The only real scene I remember is of a lady applying cold cream to her face in one of the bedrooms, when all of a sudden, the cream started burning her face, or eating through her skin. She was screaming and writhing in terror, holding her face, etc. And then they showed a close up of the old man's picture on the wall, as if his spirit was watching this through the eyes of the painting.

I would be very surprised if anyone out there has any knowledge of this movie. Anyone?? Thanks!!

2. blackwiggle

blackwiggle New Member

No.
    Ever thought to go on the Ricky Lake Show?

3. voicebug

No.
    Ever thought to go on the Ricky Lake Show?

I don't get it, blackwiggle. I'm not claiming this actually happened. I'm describing a scene from a strange horror movie. :confused:

4. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

Christopher- did you try a search for "Hammer Films" or "Hammer Studios" on Google or other search engine?

5. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!!

I'm thinking along the lines of "theater of blood", with vincent price, but I'm not familiar with the plot. This answer must be found out!!

6. Geoman076

7. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

You da man!

8. voicebug

Thanks a million, Geoman076!!

You've solved a childhood mystery for me! :)

9. Geoman076

You're quite welcome! I somehow had that same memory in my head. I also remembered the acid in the cold cream incident. Now to see if it is on ebay........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.