Donald Fagen "The Nightfly" digital recording to MFSL 45 RPM One-Step vinyl?*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kyndcookie, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guildx500

Guildx500 Forum Resident

The one step all the way for me. If you missed out on that at release and don't want to spend the original is darn good. I also have the 2012 180 gram Euro pressing and this another good way to go, but you can probably still find a clean original for less.

Echoes Myron, Joti Cover and MRamble like this.
  2. dharmabumstead

dharmabumstead Forum Resident

This is highly subjective, of course, but I think the One Step is a revelation on my system.

Echoes Myron, MRamble and Joti Cover like this.
  3. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Sure, it's subjective. And the pressing is a revelation; that is, it reveals more of the original recording. I just, personally don't think that's all good in this particular case. My opinion. For the reasons I stated above.

MRamble likes this.
  4. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Great info there. Knowing me I'll prolly own both at some point so I guess the question is which do I want first? :D

5. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Well the RL is going to set you back a $10 note in the used bins or $15 shipped from Discogs, so I would start there.

Then work on the 1-Step.

6. SteelyNJ

SteelyNJ Forum Resident

I know we’re discussing vinyl so this might not be pertinent, but it’s worth mentioning that the Elliot Scheiner 5.1 mix on the 2002 DVD Audio is OUTSTANDING! (The 48/24 stereo sounds great, too.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.