“Donovan & Friends” concert live video online Sunday, 24 JAN 2010, at 8:30 PM CET

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Craig, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff Thread Starter

Donovan & Friends live from the Cuvilliés Theatre in Munich, Germany. The Live Stream will start at Donovan.ie/Live on Sunday, January 24th 2010, at 8:30 PM CET (Central European Time).

Donovan will be giving a concert at Munich’s Cuvillies Theatre as the start of his activities in the Social Web; the performance will be streamed live on Donovan.ie

Donovan is inviting his community to watch his concert live on the internet. He will perform his hit songs and cult classics as well as showcasing songs from the his new work RITUAL GROOVE as a run up to his forthcoming world tour 2010/2011.

The show will be streamed live Sunday, January 24, at 8:30 p.m. CET worldwide. The high quality film production and video streaming is realized by TV1.EU in support of BT.

http://www.donovan.ie

20:30 CET
    19:30 GMT
    14:30 EST
    13:30 CST
    12:30 MST
    11:30 PST

2. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Thanks for the heads-up, Craig. I'll be watching this, for sure.

3. MikeM

MikeM Senior Member

Streaming live now. Got started about 12 minutes late, but he's into his first song. Interesting choice: "The Enchanted Gypsy" from A Gift from a Flower to a Garden!

4. MikeM

MikeM Senior Member

Wow...cool. After the opener, three very early songs: "Catch the Wind," "To Try for the Sun," and "The Ballad of Geraldine"!

Donovan has great stuff throughout his career, but I've always loved all those early tracks that came out on Hickory in the U.S.

5. MikeM

MikeM Senior Member

Not to repeat myself, but I'm amazed at the really old tunes he's doing.

After one from H.M.S. Donovan, there was "Universal Soldier," then "Jennifer Juniper." Now he's doing "Donna, Donna"!

His voice is a bit dodgy in spots, but this is still very enjoyable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.