Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Don't Forget The Fifty One Cents

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by teaser5, Jan 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy Thread Starter

If you have always wanted to own a used record store in Lincoln, Nebraska then check out this eBay auction.

:edthumbs:
    Cheers-
    Norm

2. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy Thread Starter

Then there is this this auction.

Cheers-
    Norm

3. stever

stever Senior Member

My God, this is just too friggin' bizarre for words, but here are a few. I discovered this record store when it opened last Fall. It's one of four used vinyl stores in town, and since I work downtown, I visit once or twice a week. I've purchased a lot of vinyl from Jon.

Lincoln, Nebraska, 220,000 population, is a great city in the middle United States. However, I can't imagine any of you have a flaming desire to live or visit here.

I should never be surprised by anything or anyone anymore. I've always believed that truth is stranger than fiction.

4. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

This auction's a bit fascinating. About 27,000 LPs, an amazing number...but why are they all wrapped up in bricks like this? At about 50 LPs per brick, that's about 540 bricks. He says 25% may be pristine...6,750 LPs. If you could average $3 each, reselling them, that's $20,250 just selling off the cream of the crop.

Wow. Buy these and you could instantly be in the vinyl business. :sigh: You can bet some dealers are going to be all over this one. I'm going to watch it just out of curiosity. And wonder what it would cost to drive it all back to Michigan in a couple of rented trucks. ;)

5. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Wow - one seller wants to move to Seattle and a seller in Seattle want to sell all those discs.............Hum, a guy could start up a new record store in Seattle with all those discs.....Someone should email the guy in Lincoln.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.