1. This day in history: January 12, 2002. 9:49 AM, California time. The Steve Hoffman Music Forums officially launched with this thread. Thank you for 20 years of music, discussion, and great memories! Join our "Thank You!" thread, and we'll see you in the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Doughnut in Granny's Greenhouse- The Bonzos

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Justin Peters, Feb 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin Peters

Justin Peters Forum Resident Thread Starter

This question is about as obscure as they come, but I figure if someone knows the answer, they'll be on this forum.

I recently picked up an original UK mono pressing of this album, and the mix sounds like it could be a folddown of the stereo, but I'm not certain. Has anyone ever compared the stereo and mono versions of this album and noted any differences?

I think it was recorded at Morgan studios. How were they equipped in mid-to-late 1968 (4 or 8 track, etc.)?

Thanks,

Justin

2. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

As a big time Bonzo Dog fan. I'm real interested in the answer I never even came across a Mono on any of their albums. It was only last week end that I played Gorilla for my 10 year old son and he tought some of the cuts were great.

3. Alan T

Alan T Forum Resident

The only mono Bonzo Dog Band LP released in the USA were promo copies “Gorilla”.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.