Dr. House returns

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by tommy-thewho, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member Thread Starter

House is a new episode tonight.... Hopefully he's as grouchy as ever...

Last we saw him he was sleeping in a hospital bed with Cutty right beside him.

2. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

Wilson is supposed to be thinking about resigning...it should be a good episode.

3. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Yeah, I hope they get back to the original storylines (solving cases) and less about new interns!

4. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I hear that House and Cuddy start to get cozy this season. Remember the episode where House had to give Cuddy an injection in the rump? Jeez, I felt like a 15-year-old! :love:

5. Winter Hugohalter

Winter Hugohalter New Member

I'm not sure if House and Cuddy getting together is such a great idea, I like the chemistry between them as they are. I am more interested in how Wilson will interact with House since was indirectly responsible for killing Amber.

6. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I'm definitely thinking that the Wilson/House issue is going to be the focus, at least at the beginning of the season. It will be interesting, but hopefully they won't drag that storyline out too long as they have occasionally done in the past with running storylines (i.e. the Vogler thing from the first season, then the Tritter thing a season or two later).

I can't imagine they would permanently pair House and Cuddy up, but I suppose they could do something with them like what happened with House and Cameron.

The thing with House and Cuddy is that there have been sort of obscure, vague references or inferences that they already had some sort of relationship in the past.

7. balzac

balzac Senior Member

That was a good one, but my favorite would have to be the two-part season finale from this past season when Cuddy was doing her thing in the strip club, at least in House's mind or however that worked. :)

On the commentary track on the DVD set, it is pointed out that some were asking if that was a "body double", but it was indeed her real body, no doubles!

8. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

:love: :winkgrin: :love: :D :righton:

9. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

Also loved the episode "Mirror Mirror" with the patient who could determine who was the Alpha out of two people.

The face-off between House and Cuddy - "great boobs" - was pure TV magic!

10. I never watched this show until one day I watched a marathon of it. I guess I'm kind of diggin' it now.

House and Cuddy need some time between the sheets to get rid of some of that tension.

11. zobalob

zobalob Senior Member

I'm amazed (well, not really) that the comedian we knew and loved over here (Hugh Laurie) has gone on to make such an impact in the USA, and as a straight actor. My wife and I love the "House" series and we're looking forward to the new series, great series.

From the Wiki entry..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Laurie.
    "...Although Laurie has been a household name in many parts of the world since the 1980s, he only came to the attention of a broader American public in 2004, when he first starred as the acerbic attending physician Dr. Gregory House in the popular FOX medical drama House. For his portrayal, Laurie assumes an American accent. Laurie was in Namibia filming Flight of the Phoenix and recorded the audition tape for the show in the bathroom of the hotel, the only place he could get enough light. His US accent was so convincing that executive producer Bryan Singer, who was unaware at the time that Laurie is English, pointed to him as an example of just the kind of compelling American actor he had been looking for. Laurie also adopts the voice between takes on the set of House, as well as during script read-throughs...."

Check out his performances in "Fry and Laurie" or "Blackadder" for his comedy work. Youtube is your friend...

12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

it's recording now.;D great show!

13. balzac

balzac Senior Member

While I'm sure "House" would be categorized as a drama or medical procedural or whatever, there are certainly comedic elements to the show and the House character. Perhaps nothing like what Laurie did in the past, but the comedy element is one of the best parts of "House."

14. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Okay, my DVR cut the show off just a tiny bit early (I usually have it record a few extra minutes). It cut off right near the end after Wilson tells House "We're not friends anymore". Can somebody fill me on what happens after that? It re-airs on USA in 10 days or so, but even though I don't think I missed a lot, I'd like to know what I missed before next week's episode airs.

15. Wilson then said something like he doesn't think they ever were friends, then he walks out of the room and the final shot is him walking down the hall with his box of belongings.

16. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Thanks! :) I figured I didn't miss much; I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss some sort of last-second detail.

17. You're welcome.

18. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Great show last night. Hopefully this means the show is back on track. Now they just need to dump the new team and reinstate the old one and everything will be great.

I wonder if they are going to hook up Wilson and Cameron (at the expense of her relationship with Chase).

19. rburly

It was a very good season opener. And I do agree that they need to dump the new team. Bring back the original 3 and continue with House as their mentor again. Even if the show may seem to have a "cookie cutter" approach, ie. House diagnosis, changes, changes again until he hits the right diagnosis, the writers are good enough to come up with great dialogue that gives House a dark sense of humor and keeps the tension between him and Cuddy (and everyoen else) that makes the show interesting to watch.

The Wilson thing is just somewhat of a distraction for me at this point. It would be silly to get rid of his character at this point. He's the foil of so many of House's behaviors. Great show.

20. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

:realmad: My DVR did the same damn thing, what the ****? These stupid gadgets are really cool, when they work properly! Why do some networks seem to be off time in their programming by a minute and that screws up the recording times on a DVR? My wife was about ready to do a Steve Hoffman, "out the window" fling of that DVR, till I calmed her down and said that I would find out what we missed.

Chris C

21. rburly

If you haven't noticed, many shows, esp. on Fox, run longer than 60 minutes. Usually 1-3 minutes, IMO to do exactly what happened in your cases, make you miss the last couple minutes. If you program it for the show, it usually runs the length of the show. If it's a manual recording (not sure in your cases) it'll run the usual 60 minutes, not the 61-63 minutes.

22. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

He's not going to go anywhere permanently, in REAL life, these guys are friends and both have worked in Kenneth Brannagh movies. HOUSE in "Peter's Friends" and WILSON in "Much Ado About Nothing". Trust me, Wilson will be back, the question is when?

Chris C

23. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

24. trivial

trivial Forum Resident

Luckily I record "Fringe" the show directly after "House"... so I just caught the extra few seconds at the beginning of that. I'll admit, I panicked a bit a first!

.m

25. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Is the guy who plays Wilson a Brit as well?:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.