Dragonfly DAC into aux car audio, sporadic weird noise

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Wombat Reynolds, May 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wombat Reynolds

Wombat Reynolds Jimmy Page stole all my best riffs. Thread Starter

Anybody use the Dragonfly USB DAC?

I'm trying it with my samsung tablet, an app called Neutron, then into the AUX of my car stereo.

Overall the sound is much better than the previous method I use, a bluetooth stream from the tablet into the car audio.

However, every two or three minutes, theres this short burst of horrible digital distortion that completely overpowers the music, lasting for a couple of seconds. Really distracting.

Supposedly the developer of Neutron was aware of this and "latest" builds have solved the problem.. but not for me! I contacted the developer, he was nice enough to respond and gave me one solution, unfortunately it was something I was already using and didnt help.

Is anyone using the Dragonfly and having these noise issues? Or is it just me?

2. stanley00

stanley00 Forum Resident

I used the Dragonfly Red with an iPhone 8+ and Tidal into the aux in a 2011 Nissan stock stereo on a 6 hour round trip with no issues last week.

3. jeffsab

jeffsab Forum Resident

Could it be cell phone paging noise?
    How to Stop Cell Phones From Interfering With Audio Equipment

33na3rd likes this.
  4. Wombat Reynolds

Wombat Reynolds Jimmy Page stole all my best riffs. Thread Starter

Its the tablet, I learned after some experimentation. The Dragonfly works perfectly with my samsung phone into the car stereo.

The tablet is probably too old, running Android 4.4.4, and the system probably doesnt have 100% support for USB out audio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.