Drumroll please: indy mike's pick ONE tune per hour tune of the week: movie music

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by indy mike, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Braveheart-Every Single Piece Of Music!...Killer soundtrack....:thumbsup:

2. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Ya gotta see the movie! A very cool documentary about two guys surfing their way around the world, with the most laid-back narration you'll ever hear. You're right about the theme song!:thumbsup:

Newest pick: "Way Way Out"--Gary Lewis and the Playboys. Groovy theme song to an embarrassingly bad 60s movie, starring his dad Jerry and Connie Stevens(!) They play American astronauts trying to beat the Russians to conceive the first child born on the moon. Honest.:rolleyes:

3. Michael

Village Of The Giants...Beau Brummels!:thumbsup:

4. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

Good choice. We played it to our kids and they wanted to hear it again and again and again and ......

5. John B

Hi Michael,

Please explain. I love the BB's but have not heard that song. What movie is it from?

John

6. Michael

"Village Of The Giants" was the movie...It's available on DVD.
    The Beau Brummels sang a few songs in the Movie.."Woman" and another. Was really cool! One of my favorite bands...:thumbsup:

7. John B

Thanks Michael,

That one passed me by. I'll seek it out next time we rent a flick.

John

8. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

THE DAVE CLARK FIVE: "Catch Us If You Can"

From HAVING A WILD WEEKEND. Their very best single, in a woefully underrated film.

ED:cool:

9. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

Is that the one where nasty teenage hoods get blown up to giant size and take over a town? With Ronnie Howard as the kid who saves the day? With the scene where one of the good guy non giant teens is seen hanging from the rather bodacious cleavage of one of the hubba-hubba female giants (wasn't that Mickey Basil)??? :confused:

Tune time - my missus digs those Rock Hudson/Doris Day movies and they all seem to have background music By DeVol - Frank DeVol got around doing loadsa movie and tv stuff...

10. John B

Thunderball - you can't beat those Bond songs. They enhance the movie itself.
    Tom Jones is arguably the most virile singer to sing a masculine song for James Bond - a man's man.
    Doesn't that make us feel great?

11. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

What Jimbo said!! Essential film doc on surfers. The group was the Sandals, and as I posted in your Surf thread, any surf CD or box extant should end with this one...kind of a wistful summation of the enchantment and mystery of surf and the instrumental music that made it into less a sport as a part of the American Spirit..check this one out on the early Silverline SURF'S UP comp, not by any means their worst...I'd recommend it despite the meager ten songs, and the sound is good....just not honest to the 5.1 intent, but then, now that we know the label, no surprise there... all the same, it works, though I understand why Mikey might not agree.

ED:cool:

12. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Great CD I picked up a couple of years ago was "The Reel Burt Bacharach". I haven't looked at the credits lately, but all of the songs were used in films. They may be the originals (as used in the film or soundtrack). One that's coming to mind right now was by BJ Thomas: "Long Ago Tomorrow." Two others: "Lost Horizon" (Shawn Phillips) and "Something Big" (Mark Lindsay). "Lost Horizon" was from Hal Bartlett's film of the same name.

Another related pick is for the Bartlett film "Children Of Sanchez", for which Chuck Mangione did the soundtrack. The 14 minute title song is a bit long-winded, but sets the mood. Other than this album, I've never seen the movie listed *anywhere*.

13. Michael

Yes, Yes, Yes!! Toni Basil...Cool flick indeed! Love those 60's! The GIANT BODACIOUS CLEAVAGE is foxy actress is Joy Harmon. Man did I have a crush on her when I was a kid! Legend goes there was some cutting room risque' footage of Joy that disappeared as soon as it hit the floor!
    Cute...and Sexy....:thumbsup:

14. Michael

You should enjoy it! :thumbsup:

15. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Yep, that movie rocks. There's a sequel which was made about ten years ago (titled, appropriately enough, Endless Summer II). The same two guys re-visted the same locales about 25 years later. That one's well worth checking out too.

16. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Back on topic, I've never been able to hear "Singin' In The Rain" the same way since seeing A Clockwork Orange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.