DSOTM 30th Aniversary LP

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TimB, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimB

TimB Pop, Rock and Blues for me! Thread Starter

It seems to me that it was discussed that30th aniversary lp of Pink Floyd's DSOTM was an all analog cut from the original 2 track master tapes, as was the stereo SACD version. Is this correct? It seems to me that Kevin Gray and Accoustic Sounds were in on the cutting of the mothers for this projects.

Tim

2. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Correct. Yes.

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

4. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

Get it now. It's OOP.

5. Sckott

Ya sure? It's still widely available. [​IMG]

6. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

ElusiveDisc is sending out e-mails stating that the album is OOP... :confused:

7. Sckott

There should still be huge lots left. Someone told me they made enough to put a big dent in the need for this title for the next 4-6 years.

<2 year license doesn't sound right either. :confused:

8. Mike V

Mike V New Member

:mad:

OOP is one of those terms I hate. Here's why. EMI probably isn't going back to the presses and the print shops to run more of these LPs once they sell out. In the old days, OOP (in my experience) just meant that another pressing of a particular album hasn't been run since the last available pressing ran out. Now it refers equally to a specific issue/edition of the album (DSOTM has never gone OOP), and if you want to get technical (like ElusiveDisc), once the very last 30th anniversary biscuit came off the presses & the last jacket was printed, this specific set was in fact OOP, even though the pipeline is chock full of them... It gets people off their a$$es to buy, that's all.

9. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

Mike, Sckott, thanks for the info. I was very close to order the title just because it's OOP!

10. Sckott

I have two. I'd get another pretty soon. One for playing, one for filing and the other for hanging the new Storm poster. It's actually one of the neatest deco-type that I would actually hang in the home.

11. whaaat

whaaat LT Fanatic

pics?
    I have 2 copies, but I haven't opened either one yet.

12. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

I already have Storm's poster. It's the coolest thing on earth.

13. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

I'll be picking this one up as I still see plenty, but I don't want to cry later. On to Amobea!!!!!

14. Mike V

Mike V New Member

Definitely pick this up. It's gotten mixed reviews, but you will never beat the price, and I think it sounds very good. Maybe not absolutely perfect, but as close as I need it to come... :)

The posters are indeed cool. Quick story. Just a day after I got the reissue, at a Salvation Army, I got an original US press, but slightly beaten up. Well, I bought it anyway because of the posters & stickers still being intact & completely unmolested. I don't know about where you guys shop for vinyl, but finding something like that here is a rare deal for sure. One of these posters is going up soon!

15. Sckott

SACD being a must-listen, this vinyl issue made in Holland and cut by Kevin and Doug Sax is the best version of this album on vinyl ever, for me.

16. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Even better than the MoFi? I have to admit both MoFi versions were my fave until I got the SACD. The SACD hi-res is EXCELLENT. I haven't broken open the EMI vinyl yet. Maybe tonight....

Sean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.