Duane Allman 7CD retrospective "Skydog"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tuck1977, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

That sucks for me. I was so on the fence spending 210 hard earned dollars. I feel so stupid now

Myke likes this.
  2. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I've already received my credit for the Skydog 14 LP set order from Real Gone Music. Once again I'll give RGM a very positive rating for their quick communication and how quickly they refunded my credit card.
    I've been there before. Same as you I've bought and received music only to see the same music at a much lower price somewhere else. Just think how you would feel if you paid the full price of $499 for the Skydog 14 LP set. So in a way you are way ahead in the amount of money you saved.

I paid over $70 for the Allman Brothers "The 1971 Fillmore East Recordings" 3 Blu-ray set when it was first released. The same set was recently for sale on Amazon for under $17 shipped. Of course I ordered another copy as it's an amazing set. So one never knows what the prices will be in the future on music or gear we buy.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  3. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

You aren't taking into account the album's TVM - time value of music. That set was released in July of 2014. I bought it for $70 then, too. What was the value of being able to enjoy it for four years? Would you have been willing to wait that long if you knew you could save $50 (plus another $5 worth of inflation)?

RiRiIII, allbrosca and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Had to look up my Bull Moose pre order...going on five years ??? $73.97 and worth every penny.

Bill Mac likes this.
  5. starbuck

starbuck Forum Resident

Has anyone had a despatch notice for their order from Craft yet?

6. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Not yet.

starbuck likes this.
  7. Jimijam

Jimijam Forum Resident

I was told by their fulfillment center it would ‘be a bit’ as they’re waiting for the books to arrive package up and send out together.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Reese and starbuck like this.
  8. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Two to three weeks is what I remember reading in earlier posts.

9. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don’t care how long for that price

Jimijam likes this.
  10. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

I think I'm finally going to get this - but the CD box, not the vinyl. Is there any difference between the two CD box editions?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. Trainspotting

Lol... Well, since nobody answered my question I just figured the first edition was the one to own. So I just ordered it.

12. ABBDutchFan

ABBDutchFan Forum Resident

Yep, had a similar response to my inquiry (a very quick response i might add!). Haven't been this "nervous" and anxiously awaiting a shipping notification in a long time.

13. Packaging differences, that is all.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

May I inquire where you were able to find the first edition? I’d like to order one...

Thanks...

15. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Matthew Tate and Hep Alien like this.
  16. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

Does the real gone vinyl version come with a special book like the Craft one does? Or is that just a bonus for buying the set a hell of a lot cheaper?

17. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

That's where I got my Special Edition 7 CD set. Picked the set up at the Portsmouth, NH store. Live free and pay no sales tax :D. Definitely worth every penny without a doubt!

ACK! and Myke like this.
  18. Trainspotting

Discogs. Almost cost me $200 though. So there's that...

Bossyman likes this.
  19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I was referring to the 1971 Fillmore East Recordings.

20. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

My bad, I missed that. I paid about the same for The Fillmore East Recordings 3 Blu-ray set. That one was also worth every penny with no doubt!

ACK! and Myke like this.
  21. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

I love that Bullmoose store. Only one I know of that has the CDs facing forward in the racks.

Bill Mac likes this.
  22. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

Ditto!

Bill Mac likes this.
  23. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

Just received my Skydog vinyl box set from Real Gone Music. It was packaged very well. So far just listening to side 1 LP 1. SQ seems to be pretty good and vinyl seems noise free so far with a few random light pops, have not US cleaned yet. Looks like Rainbo pressed these. Keeping my fingers crossed all LPs are good quality! I still remember all the issues with the Beatles Stereo box sets made by them.

RiRiIII and Reese like this.
  24. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Going to the Bull Moose store brings back memories of record stores from back in the day. Nothing fancy but loaded with great music and an outstanding staff! I was at the Portsmouth, NH store today to pickup some great finds :).

PhantomStranger, ACK! and Reese like this.
  25. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

NOOOOOO!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.