Duane Eddy new studio album status

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by melstapler, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist Thread Starter

Just a few years ago, the forthcoming release of a new Duane Eddy album was announced in which fans could pre-order through crowdfunding site PledgeMusic.

Duane embarked on a UK tour in celebration of his 80th birthday in October 2018. In 2019, PledgeMusic entered bankruptcy and have apparently ceased operations. Does anyone know the status of Duane's new album?

Duane Eddy's official Twitter:
    Duane Eddy (@DuaneEddy) | Twitter

Duane Eddy Circle on Facebook:
    Duane Eddy Circle
    [​IMG]

2. Yannick

Yannick Forum Resident

Thank you for bringing up this topic. I had no idea he was preparing another album. Not releasing a follow-up to the amazing self-titled 1987 album until the early 2010s when he recorded one with Richard Hawley's band backing him up feels even more like a missed opportunity today.

melstapler likes this.
  3. melstapler

Definitely. "Road Trip" was an excellent studio album and hopefully Duane's next album will be equally enjoyable. I don't have Twitter or Facebook, but Duane does post on Twitter and his people handle the Facebook. If someone can ask Duane directly on Twitter, hopefully he'll respond. Considering the issues artists are having with PledgeMusic, it would be nice to know if the project will still see the light of day.

Rick Bartlett likes this.
  4. Headfone

Headfone Nothing Tops A Martin

Don't know, but sure would be interested in knowing. His 2011 album, Road Trip, was a beautiful piece of work on all counts.

melstapler likes this.
  5. melstapler

This looks like a job for our guitar-pickin' superhero friend @Rick Bartlett

6. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

I absolutely would! 'If' I also had Facebook or Twitter.
    I had Facebook in the early days, before it became too much of a headache for me.
    Never had Twitter.
    I see Duane has a website, seems like it may be affiliated with the Facebook page,
    I'll send an email and see if anything returns....

melstapler likes this.
  7. melstapler

[​IMG]
    Duane Eddy with Whispering Bob Harris
    [​IMG]
    Duane Eddy shown 3rd from left

Rick Bartlett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.