Duelund 16ga rca cables?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by DaleClark, Jan 4, 2019.

1. JCBROOKLYN

JCBROOKLYN Well-Known Member

JMAC likes this.
  2. JCBROOKLYN

3. JCBROOKLYN

I’m don’t think that his anything out there
    In the price range can beat this wire!

Bill Why Man likes this.
  4. JCBROOKLYN

12 gauge for speakers
    16 gauge for Intocsonnectors

RH67 likes this.
  5. harby

harby Forum Resident

I might have said the cabling of RCA interconnects matters so little, that one could use lamp cord instead of coaxial cable. I guess this is proof. Now on to the coat hanger listening tests...

I would reserve large-gauge unshielded RCA interconnects for the correct application:

[​IMG]

6. winders

winders Music Lover

I am using Duelund DCA16GA for speaker cables and Duelund DCA20GA for interconnects. I tried 16GA interconnects and preferred the 20GA. The sound was cleaner with the 20GA.

33na3rd likes this.
  7. Drew769

Drew769 Forum Resident

I just bought a pair of Duelund RCAs from Acoustic BBQ (Grannyring) on A'gon for use with my new DAC (I think my old Kimber Timbres are overly bright and underly focused). I bought the 16 ga double run version (two sets of 16 ga conductors per side = 4 runs total..guess that means they are 8ga?). They are terminated with the KLEI Perfect Harmony plugs, which seem to grip the socket like a...well, imagine a good metaphor. They do sound great so far, especially through headphones where the additional detail in digital music I've been listening to for decades is pretty astonishing. Of course, a lot of that is the DAC itself, but as they say, "it all matters." At the prices he charges, hard to do much better.

I plan to do some A/B testing with a pair of Grover Huffmans that I have in my system. Should be interesting.