1. This day in history: January 12, 2002. 9:49 AM, California time. The Steve Hoffman Music Forums officially launched with this thread. Thank you for 20 years of music, discussion, and great memories! Join our "Thank You!" thread, and we'll see you in the forum!
    Dismiss Notice

Dumbest things people have told you about movies

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Rocker, Feb 13, 2021.

1. I suppose if you saw the Foreign version of the film it might make sense except that the pers0n I referred to only saw the English versi0n of the film. So there’s that.

2. Alan1958

Alan1958 Forum Resident

Yeah, sure

hi_watt likes this.
  3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Great - we agree! :pineapple:

4. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Forum Resident

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

On some file formats today, that's exactly what would happen. Back in those days, not a lot of people got the idea of "scaling," which is a big factor between SD, HD, 2K, and 4K these days.

Tell that guy to STFU. He's just p!ssed-off that WB is dumping it on HBOMax and not exclusively in theaters. Reviews are mixed so far. I suspect I'm gonna lean in this direction:

'Dune' Review: Spectacular and Engrossing…Until It Isn't - Variety

Chrome_Head likes this.
  6. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Forum Resident

Thing is, I think Villeneuve is a pretty great director, and I loved Blade Runner 2049. But all this blame-Marvel-movies-for-the-death-of-cinema nonsense is starting to seem like bandwagoning.

That said, I can’t muster up much excitement for another adaptation of Dune.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Vidiot and Maggie like this.
  7. Maggie

Maggie funky but chic

It baffles me how Denis Villeneuve went from the geeky guy from Quebec who made the little Francophone movie about a girl having degrading sex while being taunted existentially by a talking fish -- to being a Hollywood big-shot holding forth about the future of popular cinema.

He's like James Gunn, if James Gunn completely forgot where he came from.

Vidiot and Chrome_Head like this.
  8. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm gonna watch it -- at home, on a calibrated display -- but I reserve the right to grind my teeth and complain the entire time. Not a huge fan of the 1980s film, but I did read the book and know the story.

Chrome_Head likes this.