DVD A picture problems

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Chris M, Jan 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam Thread Starter

Just got my JVC XV-SA75GD DVD A player. The audio portion seems to be fine but I'm having major problems w/ the picture on my TV when hooked up to the player. There is a nasty green bar that slowly moves from the bottom of the screen up to the top and over and over again. This only happens when I hook up the new player. When watching cable the picture looks fine. I have tried 3 different sets of component video cables and still have the problem. I've tried different DVD-A's, DVD's, VCD's, etc and have the same problem. Using the same cables and TV with my old DVD player worked fine. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but haven't the foggiest notion what. Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Chris

2. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

This is purely a guess, but maybe the deck is putting out progressive video into an interlaced TV. I was too scared as to what might happen to try it on my TV.

3. Chris M

When I used the progressive scan on the DVD player all I get is a blue screen. Take progressive scan off and I have the green bar moving in the picture. Wierd thing is I have a JVC TV. Any suggestions before I send it off for repair??

Chris

4. Chris M

This is getting wierder. When I use S Video cables the picture is fine. With Component video cables it still has the green bar accross the picture.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.