DVD-audio

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Lawrence Schulman, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawrence Schulman

Lawrence Schulman Senior Member Thread Starter

I recently purchased a 5.1 surround system. I already had two Cabasse front left front right speakers, and I bought a center that voice matched, a left and right rear, and a subwoofer, all Cabasse. I am very impressed by the sound of these French speakers. When you add a DVD-audio ready player and receiver, the sound is truly spectacular, whether for classical, jazz or pop. Anyone else make the CD to DVD-audio transition yet? And anyone have any opinions on Cabasse speakers? There is only one dealer in the US that sells them, by the way.

LAWRENCE SCHULMAN

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Lawrence, although I have not dived into the DVD-A, SACD or surround 'pool' yet, I am curious about your Cabasse speakers. There are some excellent drivers made in France. One such company that I know of is called Audex.

I have some 20 year old English speakers called 'Tangent' with Audex drivers that I love! Do you know what drivers (and tweeters) are in your Cabasse speakers?

Just curious!

3. Patrick M

Patrick M Subgenius

4. Lawrence Schulman

Cabasse drivers and tweeters

Dear Gary,

I have all the brochures in front of me now, but I am not that much of a technical person to figure out anything about the drivers and tweeters. In addition, all the info I have is in French, which I read, but the words for driver and tweeter in French is a mystery to me. If there is any specific info I can give you based on the specifications I do have, I would be glad to communicate them to you. So sorry to not be of any help.

LAWRENCE SCHULMAN:(

5. Lawrence Schulman

PS

The only dealer in the US for Cabasse speakers is a very knowledgeable fellow named Frank Garbie. His email address is: [email protected]. I am sure he can answer any question under the stars. :)

6. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Thanks, Lawrence! I wonder if there is a Canadian distributor? I'll have to check that out with my sources!

Partick, the drivers have no name on them but I have been assured by many experts (well - three) that they are Audex speakers. Maybe they are all wrong - it's Audax? Eh, no big deal (since I have two spares - just in case! - and know of an excellent speaker repair place!)

Thanks!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.