DVD-R discs and cd labels

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by shucky ducky, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shucky ducky

shucky ducky Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was just curious if anybody who burns DVD-R's puts those sticky cd labels on them, to make them more asthetically appealing.

I recently got several DVD-R's in a trade, and I'm not sure if custom labels are a good idea or not. I wouldn't think there would be any issues, but then again... I'm new to these discs, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks ~ David

2. Nobby

Nobby Senior Member

There have been many discussions about this on Video Editing Boards...

The general consensus is that CD's are fine with labels, but should be avoided for DVD's because of the narrower track width etc.

http://www.dvdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=002481#000000 is a thread that will give you a couple of opinions!!

Personally I've not experienced any problems with the few DVD-R's that I did label.

I, however, now stick to the inkjet DVD-R's and the Epson direct to CD printer that I bought.

Nobby.

3. shucky ducky

shucky ducky Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks Nobby... interesting posts on that link. I've noticed my DVDs get rather warm in my older player... and I never thought about the possibilities of different cooling times and warping occuring. Read errors are an unpleasent thought too. I'm gonna leave em blank, and just make some nice covers instead.

4. ACK!

ACK! Senior Member

I've put them on ones made for others, but don't bother for myself. I just mark 'em with a sharpie and put 'em in a plastic case. I do, however, make up custom covers and spine artwork. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.