Dylan / Blonde on Blonde: 'That Thin Wild Mercury Sound' (Daryl Sanders book, Oct. 2018)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HominyRhodes, Oct 15, 2018.

1. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

I haven’t had a chance to read my copy of the hardcover yet (I have a young daughter so my reading time is minimal). But if the paperback has some more info about the various mixes, I’m going to order that and read it instead of the hardcover.

Percy Song and Daryl Sanders like this.
  2. brianvargo

brianvargo Senior Member

I turned to my homemade “super deluxe” edition of Blonde on Blonde, which partly comprises excellent vinyl rips of the various stereo and mono mixes that have become available over the years. Therefore, my answer to your question is all of them!

(They are not my rips. Alas, the only vinyl copy I own of the original US mono Blonde on Blonde is in pretty poor shape, and I lack the technology to rip it in any event.)

Percy Song likes this.
  3. brianvargo

brianvargo Senior Member

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me and for undertaking what was obviously a labor of love.

Daryl Sanders likes this.
  4. GetHappy!!

GetHappy!! Forum Resident

Daryl - would you know if the ebook version currently available is the revised edition? On the Apple Books app, it has the book being updated February 24, 2020. Thanks in advance.

5. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I tried to upgrade to the revised edition on Kindle but had no luck, for whatever that's worth.

GetHappy!! likes this.
  6. Daryl Sanders

Daryl Sanders Forum Resident

If it was updated February 24 of this year, then it should be the same version as the trade paperback edition.

GetHappy!! likes this.
  7. SteveFff

SteveFff Forum Mekonista

My paperback just arrived. I did a reread of the hardcover fairly recently after getting very into that “Nashville Cats” exhibit compilation. I thought I was going to read one chapter of the book, and ended up reading the whole thing again—and digging it all over again. I have the mono cd of Blonde on Blonde on outside, while I have some ribs slow cooking on the grill. Ready to read the paperback book—while bbq full—all over again tonight!