Dylan/Harrison 1970 studio session

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by toptentwist, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

It had to have given him some moments of deja vu to say the least. And a year later (sometime in late 1970 or early 1971) he and Phil Spector basically went through the same thing, busking on oldies, Beatles songs and even a Dylan song or two in much the same manner. Ron

theMess likes this.
  2. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

There was a legend that they were supposed to possibly go see Elvis that night. Went To See The Gypsy is also supposed to be about Bob meeting Elvis, but even if that is true, Went To See The Gypsy was written as early as March. And then, Bob apparently denies that the song was even about Elvis anyway!

3. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Elvis? I had read that Jimi Hendrix was the Gypsy.

4. alchemy

alchemy Forum Resident

Gee, it almost like The Get Back film sessions. But instead of George with the camera filming John, Paul & Ringo, their was a professional film camera filming with and the boys. As I reall George was to happy with te film camera always filming him. And to think thik of George in the bushes filming Dylan.

I'd love to see George's tapes.

5. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

What a great little improvised solo by George. It just rambles on in no particular direction in a good way.. He didn't sound that good on some of those Get Back atrocities?:D

xilef regnu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.