Dynaudio LYD 48

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by wgb113, May 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone here have any experience they'd like to share with them? A search turned up a few members that were looking at them as a possibility and...let's just say I'm "curious" about them as well, being a little less integrated than my current LS50W.

Feeling an itch...not sure if it will pass.

Bill

2. Kostas

Kostas Forum Resident

Not much help, I was curious about the LYD's and auditioned them briefly at a store. I liked what I heard, I'm a fan of Dynaudio speakers in general. They don't have digital inputs & wireless capability if thats important for you. Soundwise, the LYD as an active 3 way speaker is different. Personally I don't like how the LS50's sounds, neither the passive or active version so for me it would be an easy choice. Also, the LYD's go much lower, the small KEF driver needs the help of a subwoofer.

wgb113 likes this.
  3. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

They have good reviews, good pedigree too. Not sure I'd be able to hold back either!

4. wgb113

@russk or @Silverwolf - care to share any thoughts? Did either of you end up buying or at least auditioning the LYD 48?

5. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

Have you considered the Xeo line?

6. wgb113

Nah, I like the simpler professional line. Prior to my passive KEFs I had a pair of their BM5A mkIII and they sold me on the benefits of active speakers. They’re why I jumped all over the LS50W when they were announced.

I’ve spent a lot of extra time over the past 10 weeks with my HiFi, part of that time trying to dial it in with Dirac Live. It’s definitely sounding different, just not convinced it’s better in every way yet. A 3-way like the LYD48 seems like it’d be a little easier to integrate.

just an itch at this point, not sure if I’ll scratch.

7. Silverwolf

Silverwolf Occasional Esoteric Freak

Sorry I’ve not.... my financially world is to complicated right now. Still very intrigued by them though... they seem like a potential ‘hifi’ bargain in the right space.

wgb113 likes this.
  8. russk

russk Forum Resident

I did. Really liked the speaker and thought it was a great active for the price. Ended up getting a pair of the Xeo 6 because they physically worked better for me in my room. Sadly they stopped working a few weeks in and went back. Still haven’t give up on Dynaudio Actives though. The Xeo 30 is a sweet speaker and I’m thinking I’ll grab the next generation of those for my family room.

The LYD were a warmer sounding speaker than I thought they would be. Great mids and imaging and surprisingly excellent bass for a speaker of its size.

Silverwolf, SirMarc and wgb113 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.