Dynaudio Xeo 6 deal I couldn’t pass up...

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Wired4Fun, Jul 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident Thread Starter

I had heard the Xeo6 when I was looking for stereo speakers for my office about 2 years ago (or thereabouts) and was very impressed with their performance.

Then came the price. For $4300 including the connect box, I just felt my money could be better spent without doing the whole wireless thing. I went a different route.

Then, we moved. New house, new office, and the need for new speakers once again.

Today I saw the pair of them with the connect box for $1499 and free expedited shipping, and I jumped.

They arrive Thursday.

Really looking forward to streaming Tidal, and maybe even connecting a CD player to them, and having nice sound in my office.

This price feels like a steal! Shipping alone has to cost at least $100, if not more.

Anyway, thought I’d share my excitement and maybe see if anyone own a pair and has any tips or tricks I should know before setting them up.

Thanks!

timind, russk, crazy eights and 2 others like this.
  2. Helom

Helom Forum member

Congrats, that's a steal of a deal.

Wired4Fun likes this.
  3. russk

russk Forum Resident

Hey nice! Let us know what you think about them.

Wired4Fun likes this.
  4. chipcalzada

chipcalzada Forum Resident

Congratulations! That's a sweetheart deal, well done for jumping on it.

Wired4Fun likes this.
  5. Wired4Fun

Will do! Friday I’ll be hooking them up!!

timind likes this.
  6. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

My friend just bought the same speakers for the same price and I had a quick listen yesterday. They’re, to my ears, on the darker side of the spectrum, which is actually a positive to me as I don’t like really bright speakers. Bass is really good, tight and impactful. Overall they sounded really good. Smooth.

They’re quite small speakers though. Floorstanders, but barely. I think they could stand to be raised by 6-9”.

My friend likes them a lot. They were distorting and high volume on a Radiohead song, but seemingly only on that song as my friend was playing a bunch of other stuff at high volume without problems.

I think you’ll like them and certainly a good price. My friend has a huge room and likes to go really loud at times. In a smaller room like an office, I think they’re perfect.

Wired4Fun likes this.
  7. Wired4Fun

Awesome, thanks! Yeah, my room is 12x14 and it will never be a "loud listening" space. For that, I have my main system and big speakers/lots of power when the mood strikes! Looking forward to these even more, now. Appreciate your feedback!

captouch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.