Eagles beat Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, U2 as the most expensive fan ticket

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Witchy Woman, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frozensoda

Frozensoda Forum Resident

I’m sure the show will probably be great, and the audience will leave pleased.
    If they can get people to pay those prices to see the, ahem, “Eagles,” then the “Eagles” will charge those prices.

Rad Dudeski and Witchy Woman like this.
  2. keyXVII

keyXVII Forum Resident

Not surprised to hear this. Saw them in '75 for $5- Leadon, Henley, Felder, Meisner, Frey...that was good enough for me!

Witchy Woman and John Adam like this.
  3. John Adam

John Adam An Introvert In Paradise

Lucky you!
    I couldn't see dishing out that much cash ($200+) to see anyone!
    However I would have no problem seeing the current line-up of the "Eagles" on video if their concerts are out of my dollar limits.

gitters, Witchy Woman and keyXVII like this.
  4. DorothyV

DorothyV Forum Resident

I bought a $100 ticket to the Cleveland show only because I have never seen them before and I am still kicking myself for not going to the History tour when it rolled through town - I hope that a blu-ray/dvd of the History tour eventually comes out. If one was already out, I would probably be satisfied with that and wouldn't have bought the tix.

Witchy Woman likes this.
  5. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I've paid $275 to see Macca a few times, just bought some Elton tickets for 2019 right around that price range. I'm not an Eagles fan but they have a lot of hits and they weren't touring for many years, a lot of fans who have always wanted to see them are just now getting around to it.

Witchy Woman and lightbulb like this.
  6. docwebb

docwebb Forum Resident

My gf and I usually split costs for concerts. I refused to pay for this version of the Eagles so she paid for 2 tickets. Personally I'd rather stay at home and remember the band in their glory days.

keyXVII likes this.
  7. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

...and they have Deadhead stickers on their Cadillacs...

Jack Lord, Rad Dudeski, Terry and 3 others like this.
  8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i really can't even imagine them without glenn frey.

Rad Dudeski likes this.
  9. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

I would pay around 150,00 if Don Felder was with them. Without him, 50 bucks.

oneslip17 and Witchy Woman like this.
  10. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I’m sure you can thank Irving Azoff for having them continue. Eagles are a corporation now, not really a band anymore. As long as Henley is still standing they’ll continue touring.

905 likes this.
  11. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Even then, the band Can’t Stand Still:

“Deacon Frey and the New Eagles” will take flight, like a phoenix from the ashes...

12. They’d have to pay me a lot more than $238 to sit through this concert.

Ethan B, jkauff and mark ab like this.
  13. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

This thread implies that the Eagles won somehow... but they are the ones who started the absurd ticket pricing we now accept as normal. That makes them the top arseholes IMO.

14. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

No Glen Frey = No Eagles. Don Henley should be ashamed of himself.

Rad Dudeski and George Blair like this.
  15. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Sure but back then they’d been broken up for 14 years and had some new material so fans were willing to fork over the dough. It would seem surprising they are in such demand now, esp. with only 1 original member left.

16. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

We are becoming more and more seperate. The haves and have nots. It's very difficult. I know as we age the prices go up but a hundred bucks is just too much for me and many others. Sinatra i could see it. Other than that just a symptom of our growing monitary gap.

17. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Both Eagles and Metallica are coming to Milwaukee with these crazy prices. Offensive.

Ethan B likes this.
  18. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

To be clear, that article is about ticket prices on the secondary market - and it uses an average price per show, so there are still plenty of tickets less than the average.

By the end of the summer, I'll have seen U2 90 times - and I've never paid close to $200 to do so. My average price for this tour will be around $80...

19. 81531

81531 Forum Resident

I guess you've seen them probably before I was even born. lol (I'm 21)
    Every time I see people selling their tickets they're way more expensive and not just "a little more" sadly.

Fan tickets are really uninteresting for me. What the point of paying so much and then meeting the band in 2 seconds and say hello and take a photo.
    Fans shouldn't pay for that crap.

20. I think the most I've paid for a concert ticket was $88.00. I imagine $15.00-$20.00 of it was service charges. I certainly wouldn't pay $200 plus for any concert, I don't care who it is. $40-$50 is plenty for a concert ticket, fees included.

21. Rad Dudeski

Rad Dudeski Forum Resident

No shht. The Eagles are tons better than Sheeran, Swift & U2 combined. Who knows how much longer they will be doing live concerts. Yeah $200+ is pretty steep.... $100 is all the more I'd ever pay.

22. teag

teag Forum Resident

Buy a nice system. Forget the white haired concerts!

Rad Dudeski likes this.
  23. 131east23

131east23 Person of Interest

Another reason I don't go to many shows. Hard to beat paying eight bucks for Judas Priest, BTO and Foghat back in the day.

longaway likes this.
  24. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

No worries I am sure there will be a band called the eagles touring for a long time if people are willing to keep paying 200 bucks to see it....even if Henley is just on stage waving like Brian Wilson does

905 likes this.
  25. Jack Lord

Jack Lord Forum Resident

I like the Eagles but I have never been able to justify paying that price for them.

I saw the Stones in 1981 and my ticket was $16.50. I had to tap into my yard work money and hit the old man up for some extra bucks so I could get a t shirt and make a gas money contribution.

Fast forward to 2011 and I dropped $900 for 3 (admittedly very good) field seats to Macca. I wanted my son to see a Beatle.

Conclusion: Every situation is different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.