Eagles to perform entire “Hotel California” album on 2020 tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Witchy Woman, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

why would anyone spend that much coin for admission for a band that is no longer
    The Eagles? Walsh & Henley & Co...and not worth the price of admission...

2. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

He's not wrong though. It IS a sad money grab. That doesn't have anything to do with whether they should get paid or not. Of course they should. But right out of the gate this is a hollow bit of nostalgia, imo.

3. Michael

and you'd never ever get a chance to see it for free! THEY ARE SO Greedy! Greedy! Greedy!...

4. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Well, I don’t expect bands to essentially work for free, unlike the generation growing up with downloading and steaming at nominal pricing. Still, I’m not paying $250 to see this version of The Eagles (and I wouldn’t take a free ticket at this point — and I love their musical legacy). It is not just The Eagles, most legacy artists are charging obscene prices these days, but The Eagles did lead the charge in 1994.

5. TheSixthBeatle

TheSixthBeatle Quae nocent, saepe docent

“I’m. The. Dude. So. That’s. What. You. Call. Me.” No one is writing crackling dialogue like that anymore. :shrug:

ssmith3046 likes this.
  6. Michael

I too love their musical legacy but not for $300.00...an no I don't expect anyone to perform for free, but it would be nice to have low ticket prices for a halfassed cash cow assembled version of "The Eagles"... they seem to have flied away guys?...they are no more...all the best are gone; living or deceased...

7. That would be awful, the dude doesn't abide man

PacificOceanBlue likes this.
  8. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

It's Azoff's pockets
    he want's to be a 10x over billionaire

dlokazip, JDeanB and Fullbug like this.
  9. Trader Joe

Trader Joe Forum Resident

I will need to pass on this. Glenn Frey was The Eagles.

Rickchick, Mickey2 and Oatsdad like this.
  10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Guy second from the right looks like he should be in a McCartney tribute act!

Paperback Writer likes this.
  11. Oatsdad

You could actually get decent tickets for $25 face during the Eagles' 2005 tour. Not great seats, but not awful, either!

Efus likes this.
  12. dharmabumstead

dharmabumstead Forum Resident

And, BTW, to answer my own questions (in case anyone was wondering):

1. Yes I did.
    2. Yes it was.

:agree:

JoeRockhead, PopularChuck and JDeanB like this.
  13. PopularChuck

PopularChuck Senior Member

i did go to work today, but I created something new. i didn't repeat work I created 43 years ago and know by rote.

14. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident Thread Starter

So they are doing something different. If they continued the same show as before, people would be griping how they never change. From the videos I’ve seen the orchestra and choir are not used for every song. None of the reviews I’ve read by people who actually attended have said anything about it being overblown.

15. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident Thread Starter

Even if Henley were to let bygones be bygones, it probably wouldn’t sit well with Deacon.

16. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

Scroll up to the top of the page. What forum are we on? Which band is the thread about?

Do you understand now? o_O

17. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

Vince Gill is more than capable of covering that. I believe they have some other unnamed ancillary musicians supporting them.

JoeRockhead likes this.
  18. blehman

blehman Forum Resident

From The Washington Post; 28 November, 2016

"Don Henley is direct. The way he describes it, the group he helped lead since 1971 died with his longtime musical partner, Glenn Frey. “I don’t see how we could go out and play without the guy who started the band,” says Henley."

“It would just seem like greed or something,” says Henley. “It would seem like a desperate thing.”

Edgers, Geoff. “Don Henley Says the Eagles Are Done. It Was Always Glenn Frey’s Band.” The Washington Post. November 28, 2016, sec. Entertainment/Music.

19. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Yeah, same here. I love the Eagles and I don't have a problem with the current Eagles line-up--and I like Vince Gill on his own, too, but I'd be more excited about seeing Joe Walsh do The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get and/or So What and/or "But Seriously Folks..." etc. live . . . or something focused on James Gang material would be great, too.

BluesOvertookMe and Nightfly68 like this.
  20. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

That looks more like an Eagles "Union" (a la Yes) tribute, haha.

Crungy likes this.
  21. Oatsdad

Well, that's out of context, isn't it? ;) :laugh:

JoeRockhead likes this.
  22. Mickey2

Mickey2 Forum Resident

..or at least until hell freezes over (again).

23. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

Absurd. This would be like Grateful Dead members touring without Garcia or Lesh

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    JoeRockhead likes this.
  24. Oatsdad

I don't see Felder back in the band because there's no financial incentive.

How many Iggles fans won't see the band as now constituted but would pay to see them with Felder? Few, if any - especially now that Glenn is gone.

With Glenn alive/in the band, there's a better argument for "reunion" with Felder, though even there, the general fan won't know or care, I don't think.

It's like the people who think Van Halen would sell out stadiums if only Michael Anthony returned!

25. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Hell, my buddy and I got in free for the show at Met Life in 2010, and due to "production changes" were upgraded to clubhouse seats (access to clean bathrooms, air conditioning etc) about 30 yds from the stage.

Good to see Audley Freed playing in the Dixie Chicks, (missed Keith Urban) and while watching, listening to the Eagles, you are struck with nostalgia, summertime, remembering all those tunes coming over the radio while out with friends and girlfriends.
    It was great night of music.

I get its not everybody's cup of tea, and the price charged off putting.
    Anyhow, maybe folks should find something that makes them happy about music, instead of camping out here all day long, being a skunk at the garden party. Way too much of that here on SHF. Criticize, make yr point, move on....

JoeRockhead likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.