Ebay Announced USPS Will Not Ship to Australia or New Zealand!*

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Mirrorblade.1, Oct 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

No. I want the following:

1) To be able to offer my international customers the lowest possible shipping prices available.

2) To increase my international sales by offering my international customers the lowest possible shipping prices available.

3) To inform ignorant forum member's to the news that they can continue shipping orders to Australia and New Zealand by bypassing the more expensive USPS (the organization that currently will not accept parcels destined for Australia and New Zealand) postal rates with the use of Pirate Ship and their much less expensive "Simple Export Rate" option.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  2. giantleech

The only relevant point about using Pirate Ship for domestic shipping labeling service is that it is an additional feature that you can conveniently use for your orders (labeling your parcels with postage paid labels and having a tracking number instantly available to you.)

The domestic mailing prices themselves for "Media Mail" rate are no different than using other labeling services or just going down to the post office itself, but I prefer to give my business to Pirate Ship, creating more revenue and fiscal capability for them to continue to offer their extraordinarily low cost rates for international shipping.

Additionally, if you sometimes (or often) have domestic customers who request "Priority Mail" or UPS service for their shipping options, Pirate Ship offers significantly discounted rates for those options.

3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

All also true about labels printed through PayPal (/eBay).

Again, if you like Pirate Ship because you like Pirate Ship, go for it. But they aren't offering any benefit for domestic mail that isn't widely available through other portals.

4. giantleech

You seem to be fixated on matters of domestic shipping, as if the topic of "domestic shipping rates" is of primary importance or relevance to this thread. It is not (it's just an additional aside, informing potential sellers of that additional option/feature.) The primary focus of this thread is:

1) The ability to presently continue to ship orders to Australia and New Zealand.

2) In providing forum users with information on their option to presently continue to ship orders to Australia and New Zealand, to also be able to inform them that they can ship items not only to Australia and New Zealand but to all points elsewhere internationally at the (significantly) lowest rates possible by using Pirate Ship and their "Simple Export Rate" service.

Your continually reverting to focus on the minor point of domestic shipping rates just seems like some sort of act of face-saving nitpickiness.

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I agree that foreign shipping is a different matter.

But I wasn't the one who started talking about using Pirate Ship for domestic shipping. And my comments were focused on that because, leaving aside the questions related to foreign shipping, there's no compelling reason to use Pirate Ship for domestic stuff.

6. giantleech

Thank goodness.

7. giantleech

No, but you are the one who continues to focus upon it.

8. giantleech

If using eBay's ripoff (a ripoff to both the seller and the customer) "eBay Global Shipping" program affords you a peace of mind that definitively outweighs the moral (and practical) benefit of the significant savings that you could be providing to your present and potential future customers (with the added benefit of the possibility of increasing your future international sales - as has happened for me - by presenting much lower shipping rates to your international customers) then, by all means, use eBay's eBay Global Shipping program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.