eBay Auctions to make you go Hmmmm...

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Scotian, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed Thread Starter

2. Chiron

Chiron Active Member

What's the frequency, Kenneth (or Pink)?

:D

3. ksmitty

ksmitty Senior Member

Gee, I wonder what happened to the Disks for the Shine On Box ?

Then again, I woner why they have 6 copies of Monster to put in the cases?

They must really like Monster I guess.

4. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Very odd

5. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

You win. I pride myself on locating weird auctions but that one takes the cake...
    Crazy...

Norm
    :laugh:

6. Shine On you crazy Monster!

:laugh:

7. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

Well, at least ONE line in his auction I can identify with:

"By the Way, I will not break up this great offer, so don't ask. If you only want one of the jewel cases you will have to take them ALL."

I had this happen. I listed a half dozen sealed 8-tracks. They sold on the third try, but on the first and second, I had the same bidder pestering me constantly. Would I PLEASE unwrap the tapes, remove them from their sleeves, weigh JUST the sleeves, and give him a shipping charge for the sleeves because that's all he wanted....????? I think in my third auction I made it very plain that nothing would be opened, nothing would be sold separately, etc. For the low price they sold for, I eventually had a happy winning bidder.

8. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

I hate when I request payment by money order and the winner sends a personal check.

9. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Possibly from a used CD store. How do you get rid of an empty set of Shine On and a HUGE number of Monster Cds? Hmmm? :)

Monster by REM is one of those used CDs that's in great number in any CD store...

10. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Someone will buy it. Those Shine On jewel cases are unique, and there must be someone out there who broke one, two, or all six!

This type of an auction is a rare opportunity, so take advantage if you need the jewel cases. I was shocked the other day to see someone on eBay selling mint, unused inserts for the MFSL set of Pink Floyd The Wall (slipcase, booklets, and back inserts; perhaps you saw my thread about it). I bought the set used years ago and thought I would have to live with the tattered slipcase and main booklet forever. You never know what you will find on eBay. :)

11. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

That is REALLY annoying. When that happens, I feel like sending the check back and telling them to stuff it!

I can just hear the buyer "Screw this guy, I'm sending a check".

:realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

12. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed Thread Starter

I always put in my auctions, NO personal cheques. And of course I get the occasional one that will ask if a cheque is ok. A cheque sent to Canada drawn from an American bank takes up to 6 weeks to clear so I will send them back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.