EBay Deals: Bachman/Cummings, John Mayall

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by bRETT, Apr 8, 2023.

1. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member Thread Starter

2. parkmebike

parkmebike I'm in love with a girl...

The Bachman Cummings set includes a signed card? I didn't see that listed in the description.

3. bRETT

I may have been wrong on that one. It's in some copies but that may be a higher priced version.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Thanks @bRETT ! Ordered !

bRETT likes this.
  5. Myke

Acoustic Sounds wants $350.00 !?!?!

6. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

It's now out of stock

7. live evil

live evil Senior Member

Which one?

8. Ex-Oligarch

Ex-Oligarch Forum Resident

9. Myke

Arrived in 5 days and except for a corner ding, I believe all is well. ( no padding in box ).

masterbucket likes this.
  10. Myke

All is better than well. This box has brought me a lot of pure joy.
    All 7 records are flat, no S/N that I can hear, and the big meaty bass and drums I prefer, esp. the BTO. :winkgrin:
    I know the deals over but I recommend grabbing this box anyway.

hutlock and masterbucket like this.
  11. bRETT

Just got mine. Probably the best $53 I ever spent.

The Mayall is a real thing of beauty as well, but I got that a couple of deals ago.

Myke likes this.
  12. Myke

I even love how the red '57 Chevy * pops * :agree:

Love seeing those two get the respect they deserve !!!!

13. FireBrigade

FireBrigade Forum Resident

I got the Bachman/Cummings set as well, but got the CD version. (Nearly got them both, but held out assuming more deals were coming - there were!) Glad to hear the LP version has great sound, hopefully the CD version is equally good :)

Also got the Mayall set (the first deal I grabbed) and am very much looking forward to digging into all 12 pounds of that thing!!

14. killerofgiants

killerofgiants Forum Resident

Cleaned them all and now listening through this Bachman/Cummings vinyl set - wow does it sound incredible! I've seen mixed reports about sound quality and honestly I'm blown away so far. They are all flat as a pancake, silent, and dynamic. Maybe the naysayers just needed to give them all a clean. Getting this for $50 something dollars was a steal.

15. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Rainy day in Los Angeles, and I'm not seeing much on Amazon today. Good day to revisit Ebay ...

RareWaves is part of that UK conglomerate that posts music to ebay and to Amazon with great prices, sometimes too good to believe. Yet, I've bought from them regularly, and never had an issue other than slow shipping, which doesn't bother me at all. Packages take 10 - 14 days to reach me in Los Angeles from the UK. RareWaves has a storefront on both Ebay and Amazon, so I usually go back-and-forth because the search functions are different, and the pricing sometimes is different.

These are things that caught my eye today, with Ebay prices shown. You might double-check their Amazon listings to see if the pricing is better.

Guy Sigsworth is the musician in Frou Frou. He did an ambient album 'Stet' I enjoy. $12.42 with free shipping from the UK
    Guy Sigsworth STET (Vinyl) 12" Album (UK IMPORT) 602567438106 | eBay

Aldi Dalla Spazio is a fairly young Italian prog / prog metal band. Their recent album 'Quasar' is $12.20 with free shipping from the UK
    Aldi dallo Spazio Quasar (Vinyl) 12" Album (UK IMPORT) 650414787693 | eBay

Floating Di Morel is a two-member Berlin electronica / industrial project with Thomas Leer style vocals. Their 2020 Summer Has Become Cold was limited to 300, and RareWaves seems to have 4 of them. $12.12 with free shipping from the UK
    Floating Di Morel Summer Has Become Old (Vinyl) Special 12" Album (UK IMPORT) 4042564202816 | eBay

Variety Lights 'Central Flow' is a Mercury-Rev-related project from 2012. $12.08 with free shipping from the UK
    Variety Lights Central Flow (Vinyl) 12" Album (UK IMPORT) 809236123411 | eBay

Elsa Hewitt makes that ambient-y, trip-hop-y electronica with vocals that some of us enjoy. She has a compilation album, just $12.08 with free shipping from the UK
    Elsa Hewitt Becoming Real Trilogy Compilation I (Vinyl) 12" Album (UK IMPORT) | eBay

Karl Stromme is a trumpet player. He's got a gentle album of jazz, 2019 release on a European label. $11.62 with free shipping from the UK
    Karl Stromme Quintet Dynalyd (Vinyl) 12" Album (UK IMPORT) 605633011944 | eBay

Paris Combo sounds exactly like they look. That retro lounge / cocktail / Pink Martini sound, sung in French and other languages. Quesaco is $11.44 with free shipping from the UK PARIS COMBO QUESACO (Vinyl) 12" Album (UK IMPORT) 3760300318447 | eBay

Andre Bratten makes electronic music for the Smalltown Supersound label. Picture Music is $11.44 with free shipping from the UK
    ANDRÉ BRATTEN PICTURE MUSIC (Vinyl) 12" Album (UK IMPORT) | eBay
    .... or buy Math Ilium Ion, another Andre Bratten project, for $10.56 with free shipping from the UK
    Andre Bratten Math Ilium Ion (Vinyl) 12" Album (UK IMPORT) 5053760015291 | eBay

Soft Ride is a Norwegian psychedelic pop band, really enjoying this one. $10.80 shipped from the UK
    Soft Ride Burgundy (Vinyl) 12" Album with CD (UK IMPORT) 7090039720324 | eBay

If you collect The National, then you probably have the two LNZNDRF albums. But there's a 33RPM 12" single with 2 songs not on the LP's you might want. This record is cheap a lot of places, so shop before purchase. $10.80 shipped from the UK
    LNZNDRF Green Roses (Vinyl) 12" Album (UK IMPORT) 652637365610 | eBay

Brian Reitzell is a film composer, including an album on Ipecac. Auto Music is described on Discogs as 'Post Rock, Shoegaze, Kraut Rock '. On Smalltown Supersound. $10.56 shipped from the UK
    Brian Reitzell Auto Music (Vinyl) 12" Album with CD (UK IMPORT) 5053760002550 | eBay

A Discogs review reads: "A really lovely album. Prog Rock / Jazz / New age...great musicianship highly recommended. Originally recorded in 1980. Well worth seeking out." Across The Water II – Scillonian Solace costs $12.82 shipped from the UK. Limited to 550 it says
    Across the Water Scillonian Solace (Vinyl) 12" Album (UK IMPORT) 5033281012245 | eBay

superstar19 and Fred Dender like this.
  16. bRETT

This thread got resurrected so if anyone's seeing it now, just alerting that the Mayall and Guess Who deals are long gone. Sorry!

In fact I saw no significant knockdowns on box sets through the Christmas season this year.