Ebay LP finally arrives after shipping delay...shipped in July...2007!!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by bayen, Jan 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bayen

bayen Forum Resident Thread Starter

Unbelievable! I drove up to my home on Saturday and there was an LP on my front porch. First thought: Man, I'm getting old...don't recall ordering any records. Second thought upon opening: Wow, seller used a Please Please Me cover as shipping protection. But wait...I realized there was an LP in the PPM sleeve...a two box 1970 -1/-1 pressing. Holy cow...this was an LP I won on eBay years ago that never arrived. I originally thought that maybe 5-6 years had passed but when I looked at the shipping date on the box and read July 2007, I was absolutely amazed. Amazed that 14 years had passed and amazed that the LP finally arrived! Where has it been? It sat somewhere for years?! Crazy![​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

You are giving me a lot of hope. I have a package that has been stranded in the Bermuda Triangle that is the "Chicago Processing Center" for over 3 weeks. I will keep hope now!

fje99 and rcsrich like this.
  3. bayen

Great! Don't give up...hope your package arrives soon!

4. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

That's insane!

black sheriff likes this.
  5. rcsrich

rcsrich Forum Resident

It's been laying low and appreciating... perhaps it was afraid you'd sell it. :D

bayen likes this.
  6. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

You should go down and take a picture with your postmaster (holding the mailer), and they can frame it for their wall!

Heck, for that long of a wait, they oughta print up a little plaque to go with the picture frame!

Jimmy B., cwitt1980, bayen and 2 others like this.
  7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Wow. Just wow.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  8. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

I had Robert Vaughan send me back my SASE of Napolean Solo after 25 years once.....postage was due on the return.

Shoes1916 and sharedon like this.
  9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Wow.

How could that even be possible?

Could it be some dishonest carrier was finally caught and they cleared out all the mail they found in his/her posssion?

How much did you pay for it when you bought it? :)

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  10. aoxomoxoa

Neumann!

11. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Bottom of a pile in Jersey City perhaps. :D Looks like it literally fell through the cracks somewhere.

12. bayen

Yes...the box definitely looked like it had been through hell. I paid $12 for the LP...got lucky...so I thought at the time:D

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  13. aoxomoxoa

Was it worth the wait?

14. TAF8184

TAF8184 Forum Resident

Is it warped?

15. bayen

No...LP is perfectly flat...crazy huh? I'd like to say it was worth the wait but since that time I've completed my Beatles collection...originals...one box and two box etc. etc. So, I stopped looking for this particular pressing years ago.

aoxomoxoa and TAF8184 like this.
  16. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Is it an ebay purchase? Maybe you can look at your old purchase records (paypal or feedback left) and send the seller his money that must have gotten refunded?

Shoes1916, Dave and crispi like this.
  17. crispi

crispi Vinyl Archaeologist

:righton:

18. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Here’s a crazy theory: The record was mis-delivered to your next door neighbor who has been enjoying it for the past 15 years but guilt finally got the better of him so he carefully repackaged it and shlepped it back to your front porch.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  19. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

I'd forgotten how much cheaper media mail used to be.

20. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I doubt he'd have saved the shipping carton this long. But something very odd happened, and the true event is certainly as fantastic as they come concerning mail delivery.

Something like a horder mailman saved a bunch of mail in his basement. Then he died, and his estate tossed it all back into the mail, out of interest of doing the right thing and having proper closure (privately) on all things with this nutty guy, while not opening a new can of worms?

21. bayen

I can only recall a few facts regarding the transaction. I believe the item was marked delivered. I'm sure I tried investigating but can't recall outcome...not sure if USPS had GPS information at that time....a few years ago the same thing happened and with the help of my post office and GPS we tracked the package down. I don't think ebay buyer protection was enforced at that time either...so, I'm not sure I received a refund. I do recall an agreement with the buyer that if I received the LP I would let them know and if the package was returned to sender they would contact me.

I'm sure I hoped it would arrive...but forgot about it as the years passed. I did do a search for transaction/seller details but I only have saved emails going back to 2009 and eBay feedback is lacking details when searching back to my first transactions. Maybe if I contact eBay or PayPal I could learn more....I would definitely like to contact the seller...let them know it arrived...ask if I received a refund...do I owe them $12...maybe tell them the LP was over-graded...:laugh::laugh:

Anyway, not sure I will pursue at this point...but maybe if I have some time and I'm still wondering, I'll contact ebay/paypal...just to see if they can locate seller. My theory: the package was delivered to someone who perhaps lived in my neighborhood. They were elderly...and/or maybe hoarders and the package was forgotten. They passed and the package was found and delivered. Or maybe it was simply sitting in a shipping facility somewhere. I'd sure like to know...but guess I can only wonder.

Shoes1916 and aoxomoxoa like this.
  22. Hanglow

Hanglow Forum Resident

Maybe I missed it ,but no return address? there was no no seller info inside?...you say you can't remember if any refund was issued?...not like it was a five dollar record,it had to be worth the effort to investigate.Wonder if the Post Office could give you the history?...sorry for all the questions

23. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Flip it!

24. aoxomoxoa

It was a $12 LP

bayen likes this.
  25. bayen

No return address...and no info inside package. I do recall the vinyl was graded NM...the listing only had one photo of the cover and since there was no "stereo" on the sleeve I knew it was either a one box or early two box pressing with first press matrices. I was pleased to win the auction for $12...and very disappointed it never arrived. The LP is actually closer to VG+...only a few light pops on side one...I only listened to Love Me Do on side two...this had a bit more surface noise. I will offer in the near future in our classifieds...have a bunch of stuff to list but haven't had the time to do so. Refund or not...$12 is not a big deal so I'll pass on for shipping only at that time.

cwitt1980 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.