eBay shenanigans Led Zeppelin II promo

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by crustycurmudgeon, Sep 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crustycurmudgeon

crustycurmudgeon We've all got our faults, mine's the Calaveras Thread Starter

I've noticed what I think are shenanigans going on with a couple of recent eBay auctions for a Led Zeppelin II white label promo. One auction has ended, item #132761696216 and the other one is ongoing, item #132791990785. Same seller for both. Careful comparison shows that in the pictures of the lp on top of the sleeve on top of the cover, the lp and sleeve are identical between the two and identically positioned (look for the smudge at the 5 o'clock position at the edge of the vinyl, right above the letters "ovation" on the sleeve), but the cover is different between the two (Photoshop?). Also, the matrix etchings are clearly visible on one, but not on the other. If you look at the close-up pictures of the labels, one label is side 1, the other is side 2, but the vinyl is the same, as the appearance of the final track is the same between the two.

This guy's pulling something, not sure what it is but he's clearly doctoring his photos. Buyer beware!

Mugrug12, Dave and lightbulb like this.
  2. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

3. crustycurmudgeon

crustycurmudgeon We've all got our faults, mine's the Calaveras Thread Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.