Ebay vinyl probs

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Speedycat69, Jun 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Don't you ever get tired of posturing on the Internet? You're not impressing anyone but yourself.

Lost In The Flood and Spitfire like this.
  2. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Hey Toronto, I stand up after getting ripped off. People just sit back and take it. I don't.

Dale A B likes this.
  3. Strat-Mangler

Yeah OK, Internet fake tough guy. Whatever you say.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  4. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

Just out of curiousity, how on Earth did you determine who an eBay buyer was and then happen to run into them in real life? I’ve never known the identity of a single buyer in 20 years of conducting transactions on eBay. In fact, eBay censors all sharing of email addresses and personal information from my experience.

5. Christian Hill

Christian Hill It's all in the mind

lol!!!!

well, a certain type anyway

6. Christian Hill

Seriously give it a rest

7. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

How did I determine who an eBay buyer was? Laughable!!!! He won the auction, he has a name and address! I won't talk about running into him in real life. I'm going to win a $10,000 diamond ring, tell ebay it was stolen off my porch because the seller never wrote "do not leave on porch", keep the ring and the reversal. Welcome to eBay.

8. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

I’m not sure what you mean. I only meant that the clientele on Discogs is more exclusive, so there’s a better opportunity for a principled purchase.

9. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

eBay has lots of Roseanne Barr lookalikes who have grammar from hell and have no idea what they are doing. Discogs is better but rip city with lots of rippers you have to avoid.

10. Christian Hill

Equating the appearance of a woman, in a derogatory way, to people that you can't see ?

carry on....

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  11. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

They are all out at the Mile High Flea Market getting their product. Commerce City cuties.

12. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Lately on eBay I’m coming across more sellers of pre-owned vinyl who provide virtually no grading or description of the item other than the helpful disclosure that the “Condition is Used.” :rolleyes: Annoying!

eddiel likes this.
  13. Strat-Mangler

It's a template that is being used and is unfortunately popular. Always skip those by adding a minus "used" flag in my searches.

14. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Doesn't mean you aren't going to run into turkies there.

Chemguy likes this.
  15. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

I don't disagree...there's just less of them on Discogs.

16. Bloodbuzz459

Bloodbuzz459 Forum Resident

Fortunately my eBay experiences over the last 15 years have been okay overall. 900+ transactions always 100%.

However, In recent years I've noticed a trend in people purchasing higher value items in particular and trying to get partial refunds by reporting damage.

The process is usually the same. They report it. Photographs are non conclusive of apparent damage. You push back and just say fine return it and a refund will be given. Then they just disappear, leave good feedback and move on.

I guess some sellers are spooked and refund a percentage to make the problem go away.

17. Speedycat69

Speedycat69 Springsteen nut Thread Starter

My pj harvey Dry album was scuffed , and it was a brand new album

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.