Eddie Money R.I.P.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MikaelaArsenault, Aug 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

Eddie Money Diagnosed with Stage 4 Esophageal Cancer

Seventies and 80s hitmaker turned reality TV star Eddie Money is in the battle of his life ... TMZ's learned the rocker's been diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer.

The "Take Me Home Tonight" singer makes the stunning revelation during season 2 of his reality show, "Real Money" ... according to sources connected to the show.

We're told Eddie got the dire news late last year, during a regularly scheduled checkup with his doctor.

The cancer started in Eddie's esophagus but, sadly, it spread to other parts of his body. You can see in this clip, he's determined to keep his loved ones in the loop as he deals with the diagnosis.

We're told Eddie didn't take a break from shooting his family's show after getting the news -- and he's continued touring almost nonstop while getting treatment.

You'll recall he was forced to take a break from the road for other health issues -- a minor heart valve procedure in May, and he caught pneumonia in July. We're told neither issue was related to the cancer.

Our sources say Eddie won't shy away from discussing his treatments while cameras are rolling for "Real Money."

We're pulling for ya, Money.

2. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

Wishing Eddie & his family the best of all possible outcomes at this sad and challenging time.

3. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident Thread Starter

And the news just so happens to be trending on Bing right now.

4. Two Sheds

Two Sheds Sha La La La Lee

Best wishes to Eddie Money and his loved ones at this difficult time. That's terrible news.

5. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

I am guessing that's why his new album that's finished was delayed?

J_D__, Fannymac, Joti Cover and 2 others like this.
  6. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

I saw Eddie opening for a Cheap Trick gig in mid-90's - a great Singer and had a wonderful band behind him, prayers and positive vibes to Eddie, and family hope all goes very well with treatment going forward!

7. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Not surprising that Eddie has continued to tour while battling this terrible disease. From his early years in San Francisco, Eddie knew how to hustle and was an incredibly hard worker as noted by other artists he mentored in that Bay Area scene such as Paul Collins from The Nerves. Eddie co-wrote with Collins and helped him to secure a contract with Bill Graham Management for his post-Nerves band called The Beat. When I saw Eddie perform at a package music festival in the 2000s with Loverboy, The Romantics and a few other bands, it was impressive how he wasted no time running to the merch table where he sold CDs/photos/shirts etc. and must've signed autographs for close to 2 hours. When hearing the phrase "what you see is what you get," I think of Eddie because he's a down to earth guy who seems very enthusiastic and talks to the fans just as he communicates with people on the tv series.

8. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

As a person who very rarely watches TV, I had no idea he ad a reality show.

Let's hope he can pull through this. Stage four is pretty bad, though.

9. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

Got to see and meet him a couple of years go. A fun show. His first album is great and all his music is enjoyable.
    All the best to the money man.

10. slowhand1964

slowhand1964 A Tadpole in a Jar

Man, that is a tough one, both in terms of the news and the probability of survival. All my best to Mr. Mahoney. Still a big fan, you rock sir.

11. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

Damn. Best wishes to him!!!

12. krock2009

krock2009 Forum Resident

Well, that explains why his hair was thinning in his concerts this year. At least survived the surgery and pneumonia. Hopefully he'll heal.

Christopher Hitchens lasted 18 months wit the same type, and it wasn't the cancer that killed him, but a virulent form of pneumonia. His cancer was gone.

13. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

All the best Eddie. We're all pulling for you!

14. WolfSpear

WolfSpear Music Enthusiast

Best wishes to Eddie and his family.

Recently, I had two co-workers diagnosed with cancer, one in stage 4 that’s spread. I wouldn’t wish that on anybody... really sad news to hear today.

15. kevinsinnott

kevinsinnott Forum Coffeeologist

I'm very sorry for him and his family. I will pray for him.

16. davidlg1971

davidlg1971 Forum Resident

Keep Holdin' On, EM!

"Baby, hold on to me
    Whatever will be, will be
    The future is ours to see
    When you hold on to me..."

17. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I'm a big fan. I bought No Control when it came out. Stay strong, Eddie!

18. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Damn man.

19. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

That sucks. Best wishes for Eddie!

MikaelaArsenault and The MEZ like this.
  20. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

we wish him well for this is so sad...positive vibes sent with hope...

21. lc1995

lc1995 Forum Resident

That's a shame

He seems like a great guy, he did a free concert at my elementary school here in Baldwin, NY

22. Fannymac

Fannymac Forum Resident

Is this the same album that's been sitting on the shelf for four years, albeit with a new title ("Brand New Day", vs. "Shake That Thing") and maybe an additional song or two?
    I had thought the continued delay on a release date might have been because of the lawsuit with his former drummer, plus his desire to have it come out on a major label.
    Whatever the case, I was really surprised to see it mentioned yesterday....I hadn't heard ANYTHING about it!
    But, yes, the postponement was due to the pneumonia....sounds like we may still see it later this year, or early next year. Fingers crossed.

23. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

Praying for you Eddie !

MikaelaArsenault and The MEZ like this.
  24. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

Yup that’s the one

25. benny

benny Senior Member

I was Eddie’s webmaster for a long time and he is a terrific guy. Always treated me more like a friend than an employee. He has that “regular guy” vibe to him which makes you feel comfortable.

Best wishes Eddie, hope you beat this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.