“El Camino- A Breaking Bad Movie” From Creator Vince Gilligan*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Nov 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

Very enjoyable movie.

2. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

Sharing the night together. That had me lmao.

3. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

I liked it! It's not the masterpiece that many episodes of Breaking Bad are, but I don't think it was supposed to be. Would've liked a lot more Badger, but oh well. Overall, it works very well as an epilogue to the show and it proves Aaron Paul is great at having an entire film hinge entirely on him. Hopefully we'll be seeing a lot more of him in leading roles from now on.

Bryan Cranston isn't bald now, so I'm assuming they used CGI to make him bald. Is that why his head looked so odd?

4. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

just like a warm pizza from yesterday , nothing to rave about it and no superpleasant surprises but did the job nicely.

6.5/10

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  5. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

sorry but if you are a fan of BB, you need to go back and watch it again and possibly some episodes of the show. definitely a 9 at least.

mattdm11, MikeInFla, Borgia and 5 others like this.
  6. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

sorry if this is considered a spoiler. if you watch the scene again where Jesse makes the realization he knows welder guy, a quick blurry flashback style scene zips by and i'm pretty sure it's Jesse making the connection that this guy was someone he saw during the building of his cage where he cooked meth for the Todd's uncle.

7. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I caught that brief snippet when he and the guy exit the building, and then the flashback scene of Jesse being forced to try out the tether as the welder guy makes a bet with one of the neo-Nazi scumbags. I put it together eventually. Just don't remember the guy if he was ever on Breaking Bad.

8. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

Yeah, that coupled with Todd's overall affinity for Jesse gave me kind of a "rapey" vibe when they were burying his cleaning lady.

9. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I haven't watched it yet but those spoiler buttons are so tempting. I'll watch it soon and I've resisted pushing buttons so far.

10. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

“Hey man, youre on fire”

:laugh:

Linger63, MikeInFla, Paul J and 8 others like this.
  11. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I think El Camino is a very good epilogue to a fantastic series. The best part of the movie is the feel. Makes me realize just how much “feel” made BB great. Always on the edge of disaster, BB made me feel what it is like to be in the characters shoes. Gilligan was and is so good with scenery. The humor was perfect and nothing jumped the shark with this movie. So great to feel that BB feeling again :thumbsup:

Just a really good wrap up and a bonus gift for the fans who always want just a little more BB.

Which is all of us :D

Linger63, Tord, Jim Pattison and 11 others like this.
  12. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Im going to watch it again though. There at the last Im not sure exactly what was going on in the flashback hotel room scene.

Ill leave it at that.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  13. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

14. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

Unreal....watched the movie morning and get this in a news alert. Very sad. Enjoyed him in many things

15. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Wife and I really enjoyed El Camino. Great ending to a fantastic drama.

Guy Smiley and Athalwolf like this.
  16. thgord

thgord In Search of My Next Euphoric Groove

It was solid and nice to see where Pinkman ends up. It's definitely NOT a pointless sequel. I thought this wrapped the series up nicely as Pinkman was such a huge part of White.

So long Mr. White and Mr. Pink.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Tord, Borgia, Guy Smiley and 5 others like this.
  17. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

Just watched it. I thought it was excellent.

Guy Smiley and Chrome_Head like this.
  18. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Just watched it. Thought it was okay.

19. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  20. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

Anyone spot the Vamonos Pest vest in the apartment?
    Dan

21. This was not a spoiler. The guy died the day the movie came out. That's not a spoiler; it's crazy that his life went down that way...which is probably what an actor dreams of, to be in a movie premier and have people watch you on the day that you die. Talk about going out on top!

In other news...Yeah, I liked the film a lot! Other than the age of the people and how different they looked six years later (in real time), the film hit all of the major Breaking Bad beats. With the cameos and such, it's evident that Gilligan & Crew are unashamed to mix in parts of the Breaking Bad Universe at will. It's a small, small underworld and they all play in the same sandbox.

The film had grit when it needed to, humor when it was called for, the pacing was measured and compact, and lastly, for an epilogue, it tied up a loose end, which is exactly what a coda should do. A reprise, if you will. It didn't exaggerate nor did it overtly embellish. It was believable, inasmuch as the Breaking Bad world is believable. You go in with a certain mindset and you are rewarded for it.

Man, Ricky Hitler had a complex role. We got to understand him more and that makes him even more screwed up. This guy was on the dark spectrum. That one scene, you know, in the place with the shovel, where Jesse could have just dug another one, that was what really got me. We realize that if Jesse hadn't opted for Pizza and Beer, then Walt would have never had to meet the Nazis again...and would have probably lived, albeit in prison...or maybe not. That would have certainly changed the complexity of the overall ending.

Lastly, having avoided spoilers, I will simply say that if you haven't seen the movie then just stay out of the thread. There are many of other threads on this forum that you can read in the meantime. Or, go outside and do no damage. Just don't expect the initiated to hold their breaths for too long. :D

enro99, Chrome_Head, George P and 2 others like this.
  22. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Yep, but I'm sure I missed a lot more easter eggs.

23. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Until I saw this thread I didn't notice at all that was Todd and Lydia in the snow globe. How did you figure that out - it wasn't obvious at all to me.

trumpet sounds likes this.
  24. DML71

DML71 Forum Resident

Your opinion. I agree with the original poster. Good. Not great.

Spitfire and Vinyl_Blues like this.
  25. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

Yes, but most people who haven’t watched the movie yet didn’t know he was in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.