“El Camino- A Breaking Bad Movie” From Creator Vince Gilligan*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Nov 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

No mention of Odenkirk's Saul being in the cast caught my attention as well. The actors that play Walt's family are also noticeably absent unless they're not being mentioned. I still think this will be a Jesse-centric movie, with the actor playing his mother coming back.

Thomas D likes this.
  2. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

One would think that Jesse touching base with Saul could be a potential plot point. Maybe, for BCS, Gilligan wants to leave Saul's fate open because they haven't decided it yet. Or maybe the list isn't complete yet and they will decide Saul's fate soon in a way that he can be worked into the movie.

Jerry Horne and Chrome_Head like this.
  3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Think some names are being held back. Don’t want to give to many goodies away, spoil the element of surprise.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  4. alexpop

A man on the run needs to keep fit. :D

5. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Just what everyone wanted. The domestic life of Jesse part 91: full-blown post traumatic stress disorder. I can hardly wait.

6. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

That's Tess Harper, also in two of my favorites Tender Mercies and No Country for old men

[​IMG]

Chrome_Head likes this.
  7. Chrome_Head

Really surprised at the antipathy in this thread over the announcement of a BB follow up.

To me, Better Call Saul has been a hoot, and if Gilligan feels like he has another story to tell in this world, then I'm all in. Better he does it than someone else.

8. alexpop

I thought it was going to be another spin off series ala BCS..not just a two hour movie ?

9. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

10. alexpop

Should be short shoot ( filming ).

11. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

'Breaking Bad' Movie Is a Sequel Starring Aaron Paul and Will Air on AMC and Netflix

'Breaking Bad' Movie Is a Sequel Starring Aaron Paul and Will Air on AMC and Netflix

Netflix will have it first in a move that flips the script on how the original series was released on AMC and then sold to the streaming giant.

by Lesley Goldberg
    The Hollywood Reporter
    February 13, 2019 9:25am PT

Additional details about the Breaking Bad movie are coming to light.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the feature-length movie will be a sequel revolving around Aaron Paul, who will reprise his Emmy-winning role as Jesse Pinkman. Sources also confirm that Netflix will have first-run rights to the top-secret project, which will then air on AMC. (Representatives for AMC, Netflix and producers Sony Pictures TV all declined to comment.)

As THR previously reported, the Breaking Bad movie will be written by original series creator Vince Gilligan, who will exec produce the project alongside franchise collaborators Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein. Gilligan, sources say, will direct the film, which will follow the escape of a kidnapped man (Paul's Jesse) and his quest for freedom.

Speaking on The Dan Patrick Show, Bryan Cranston (who starred as Walter White) confirmed the Breaking Bad movie is indeed in the works. He noted he was unclear if Walter White would appear in the sequel but said he would "absolutely" appear in the movie if Gilligan were to ask him.

"It's a great story and there are a lot of people who felt that they wanted to see some kind of completion to some of these storylines that were left open [in the series finale]," Cranston said. "This idea, from what I'm told, gets into those — at least a couple of the character show were not completed, as far as their journey."

"I don't know if there's an appearance — flashbacks, flash forwards — but I'm excited about it because it's Breaking Bad and it was the greatest professional period of my life and I can't wait to see all those people again, even if I just come by to visit," Cranston added.

For his part, Paul earned three supporting actor Emmy wins for his role on Breaking Bad. His TV credits include a series- regular role on the upcoming third season of HBO's Westworld and Apple's Are You Sleeping. He continues to voice a role on and exec produce Netflix's animated hit BoJack Horseman and wrapped three seasons of Hulu's The Path. He's repped by UTA.

Breaking Bad became a critical breakout for AMC and ran for five seasons. AMC and producers Sony TV quickly greenlit the prequel Better Call Saul as Gilligan's follow-up series. Saul, featuring Bob Odenkirk's small-time lawyer, has been renewed for a fifth season, set to air this year.

That Netflix would have first-run rights to the Breaking Bad movie flips the script on how the original series debuted. After it launched to critical acclaim on AMC, producers Sony TV sold the drama's streaming rights to Netflix, which helped first-run episodes on the basic cable network broaden its audience and soar to new highs.

The Breaking Bad movie would mark Gilligan's first project to stem from the new three-year overall deal he signed with Sony TV in July. Sources said the pact is valued at less than $50 million as Gilligan is not in the same volume space as producers like Shonda Rhimes and Ryan Murphy, who both signed nine-figure deals with Netflix.

A Breaking Bad film (of any sort) would be a boon for Sony TV, which, as an independent studio, has been fighting an uphill battle in an era when ownership has become increasingly important.

Deadline was first to report the distribution details.

Chrome_Head and alexpop like this.
  12. alexpop

So is this movie a primer for a full scale tv series ?

13. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I hadn’t realized that BCS was coming up on season 5. Is there any word that this is the last?

A Pinkman movie with be a good gateway to a new Pinkman series. Maybe he’ll take a job in a day care center while hiding from the mob and their demands for the blue recipe.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  14. alexpop

Only a two months shoot I believe. Must be a one off as Aaron Paul has Westworld commitment, but then again maybe not,

15. Chrome_Head

It's certainly been touted by sources as a one-off movie since word first got out.

16. alexpop

Maybe Aaron Paul doesn’t have the appeal alone to make a another 4/5 season happen. Fine with the 2 hour film, as is.

17. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I do wonder whether the movie is meant to be a bridge that will let them put Jesse into a present-day story on Better Call Saul without having to spend time there explaining what he's been doing.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  18. Chrome_Head

I also wouldn't mind seeing an all-new project from Gilligan as well. I'm sure he has other ideas for shows.

19. alexpop

New project ?
    He’s still in love with his Breaking Bad characters .,,wouldn’t be surprised if something gets developed TV wise.

20. alexpop

Here’s me thinking the BB film would be out later in this year, 2019!!! “Digital Spy “ seems to think 2020, or even 2021. Now that’s way too late in my opinion.

21. White_Noise

White_Noise Forum Resident

hey why not, it's basically like printing money at this point. Or making meth.

22. alexpop

Blue

23. alexpop

This BB movie seems to have shut down, zilch new info. Could see it being shelved.

Looks like Pinkman has morphed into Westworld 3, very tasty trailer..looks like reboot, of sorts.

24. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Indeed, Westworld will have to totally reinvent itself for season 3, and if Pinkman shows up with his halting, overdramatic speech patterns it will not fit in. He'll have to reinvent himself too.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  25. alexpop

No more B word. :D

GregM likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.