ELAC Debut 2.0 F6.2 Floor-standing speaker $199 ea at Crutchfield

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by cdash99, Nov 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member Thread Starter

ELAC Debut 2.0 F6.2

Since I'm choosing between these and the KEF LS50 for my next set of speakers, Black Friday is going to be very budget friendly. As noted in another thread, Amazon has the KEF for $999 a pair, which I expect Crutchfield and the others to match.

Decisions, decisions....

2. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I'm sure that they're different sounding speakers, although I haven't actually heard the ELAC. The tonal balance on the KEF is tipped a bit toward the top for me. I understand the appeal, but in spite of the reviews, I haven't heard them in a way that they really do it for me. The price of the ELACs are about 50% off their going retail, and even better deal, relatively speaking, than the KEFs.

I'm currently the owner of the old Castle Edens, a pair of speakers that UHF Magazine called one of their favorites of all-time. Their midrange is pretty magical and sumptuous. I know that someday I'll need to replace them. It's going to likely take upwards of $5000 to get their midrange, weight, and improve their treble. I'm not looking forward to their demise.

3. DonnyMe

DonnyMe Forum Resident

4. cdash99

Elac is showing the 50% off on their web site, so this is Company sanctioned.

I just ordered the F6. At $400 per pair it's a no brainer, plus it gives me a couple of weeks to play with them to determine if I need to go to Plan B with the KEF's.

5. GertjanE

GertjanE Well-Known Member

Where on the Elac website do you see the prices? Would like to get these in Europe, hope they will do the same discounts here.

6. cdash99

On the individual product page. I’m not sure that the 50% applies to the full product line, but to to the Debut page and click on a particular item.

If you go onto the US web site the discount is pretty obvious, so it will give you direction as to where to look on your local site.

GertjanE likes this.
  7. lyniv

lyniv Forum Resident

Anyone own these and want to comment on them?

I'm curious about them, you can't beat the price!

8. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

I believe these were the same ones that I heard at rmaf in October. I couldn't believe what I was hearing for $800!! They seemed to handle everything well. I would definetly be interested in them if I needed some more speakers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.