"Elementary", New CBS Show.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by tonyc, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Up here in Canada I can watch it twice! Once at 7pm on the Canadian channel carrying it and then the US broadcast at 10pm. Which is handy because I can see it without any time delays from the US. It's rare that that happens though. Usually shows are broadcast at the same time.

2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

That storyline won't last much longer. . . .

eddiel likes this.
  3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

during the season i just tape everything on CBS until 2:00AM, it usually gets everything in.

jpelg likes this.
  4. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I didn't realize this was still on.

5. I finally grew bored with Elementary this season. No show has so stubbornly clung to its initial set-up this many seasons into its run. I would have definitely done something different than having Sherlock and Joan platonically living together after all this time. They also made a huge mistake making Moriarty Sherlock's primary love interest. It limited the second most popular character in the Sherlock mythos to a handful of appearances.

6. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

great news ! it got renewed ! however it might be for mid-season replacement as they have not said how many episodes it will be for ! but I am happy just to see some more episodes of this great show.

Paper Wizard, eddiel and darkmass like this.
  7. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Meanwhile, Lucy Liu set to direct season 2 premier of "Luke Cage" for Netflix.

fitzysbuna likes this.
  8. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

It seems like it's on its way out, even if it is renewed. Same MO they used with Person Of Interest: marginalize prior to cancellation. Too bad, both were very good shows. And Scorpion is a hit? SMH.

9. JohnVinylJames

JohnVinylJames Member

I've always been a big Sherlock fan. Some might disagree with me, but the Sherlock movies with Robert Downey Jr. was my best Sherlock version by far.

10. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

And here's one who will disagree with you. PBS's "Sherlock" with Benedict Cumberbatch is hard to beat!

misterdecibel likes this.
  11. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident Thread Starter

Some?

smilin ed and audiomixer like this.
  12. JohnVinylJames

JohnVinylJames Member

Haha okay, so we've got different points of view when it comes to Sherlock. Benedict Cumberbatch's version wasn't my favorite, but I have to admit that series was intriguing and it's a shame that it's ended.

tonyc likes this.
  13. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

I like the show but the dialog is recorded very quiet. I can never make out what they are saying, turning up the tv too loud.

As long as it's been on, it's probably run it's course. Is still watch it in syndication on Sunday night (on our Fox station).

14. JohnVinylJames

JohnVinylJames Member

Are you referring to Elementary? I've always had that same problem - glad I'm not the only one.

15. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

Yes, Elementary on CBS.

16. JerolW

JerolW Senior Member

Soundbar turned up helps us, as well as subtitles.

jerol

audiomixer likes this.
  17. audiomixer

That's why the God's invented "Closed Captioning". :cool:

18. audiomixer

There's a man thinking on his feet. :D

JerolW likes this.
  19. JerolW

JerolW Senior Member

And my comfy chair.

jerol

20. JohnVinylJames

JohnVinylJames Member

Jerol, that sound bar sounds like an excellent idea. I need to get me one of those...

21. I think it was mostly renewed by CBS as a favor to the show's producers. Elementary apparently makes a boatload of money in international syndication and every extra episode is basically more cash for them. It wouldn't surprise me if the producers practically gave this extra run of episodes for free to CBS.

22. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

I think that Jonny Lee Miller has honed his Sherlock character to perfection.
    What he is able to do - combining body posture, facial expressions, & specific accent - is nothing short of a master class in acting, imo.

That being said, it is difficult to evolve such a character without deviating too much from what originally made him so interesting in the first place. Also, I'd bet that Miller is getting bored with playing Sherlock & wouldn't mind moving on (and living on residuals for a while).

Regardless, I'll still watch til the end.

23. JohnVinylJames

JohnVinylJames Member

I have to agree with you, some solid acting from him. I can imagine it's a lot of effort and skill to act the way he does with Sherlock.

audiomixer likes this.
  24. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I must say that I really enjoying this season main plotline. I see that elementary has already been picked up for next year too!

Atmospheric and audiomixer like this.
  25. Agree, it's turning out to be much better than the last season, and probably the season prior to that as well.

audiomixer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.